PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats players being denied incentive money

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score

Patriots Fans Worldwide

Jesse Dunn · Apaiuripl 7o 9a4t 2ul:03l974e Pd1M ·

I posted a video this morning of Gronk taking shots at the Patriots for not allowing players to get their roster bonus incentives. And unsurprisingly, quite a few Pats fans in the group believe it to be true. These are two examples of what the Patriots have done just in the last few seasons to make sure they took care of their players. I can remember a handful of other instances of this as well.
Gronk has an agenda about something. Take it for what you will.

278059462_10166330135575637_3737057409701945723_n.jpg

And in Gronks case I seem to remember them forcing the ball to him in one of his later seasons so that he could make an incentive? Or am I misremembering?
Super Bowl championships have value as well because your name is forever etched in time.

The objective is to win world championships first and make money second. We see the reverse order frequently. Mahomes is fat and happy choking ever since he signed his new contract. Peyton Manning should have had more than just 1 Super Bowl ring at Indy, but money got in the way.

Patriots Fans Worldwide

Jesse Dunn · Apaiuripl 7o 9a4t 2ul:03l974e Pd1M ·

I posted a video this morning of Gronk taking shots at the Patriots for not allowing players to get their roster bonus incentives. And unsurprisingly, quite a few Pats fans in the group believe it to be true. These are two examples of what the Patriots have done just in the last few seasons to make sure they took care of their players. I can remember a handful of other instances of this as well.
Gronk has an agenda about something. Take it for what you will.
Maybe Gronk didn't like the threat of being sent off to Cleveland and that was the reason for his "joke" on the boob tube.
I think the Pats try to help players reach their incentives. Maybe not in all cases though.

And in Gronks case I seem to remember them forcing the ball to him in one of his later seasons so that he could make an incentive? Or am I misremembering?
Maybe that was Brady forcing the ball to his buddy.

Thank you for researching. Had a feeling he was full of sh** or remembering wrong. Shame that this will be the public perception. Its one thing to call them cheap or whatever and it’s another to flat out say they are screwing people out of potential earnings

Maybe Gronk didn't like the threat of being sent off to Cleveland and that was the reason for his "joke" on the boob tube.
I think the Pats try to help players reach their incentives. Maybe not in all cases though.
Funny joke.

If you are a FA planning to visit NE, beware of incentive laden contracts because the Pats will cheat you out of your money. Disparaging comments with the intent to paint the Patriots in a bad light are nothing new out of the Big Dummy from Buffalo, NY. Upon arriving in the Sunshine state, he has ripped the Pats for being too rigid and now they are cheap.

Thank you for researching. Had a feeling he was full of sh** or remembering wrong. Shame that this will be the public perception. Its one thing to call them cheap or whatever and it’s another to flat out say they are screwing people out of potential earnings
I found it on fakebook.

Maybe he's just Gronk and thought the audience would think it was funny, so he just said it.
This. The greatest TE of all time acts like a cartoon of the big, dumb, enthusiastic football player. Getting people to react is just part of the act. Mr. Vroom, Vroom has always made jokes about Patriot stereo types to get a laugh or suit his agenda, even when he was on the team. The 'I probably shouldn't have said that', shtick every time he makes an anti Patriots joke is just dumb. He needs all the attention he can get for his re-retirement, whenever that comes.

This. The greatest TE of all time acts like a cartoon of the big, dumb, enthusiastic football player. Getting people to react is just part of the act. Mr. Vroom, Vroom has always made jokes about Patriot stereo types to get a laugh or suit his agenda, even when he was on the team. The 'I probably shouldn't have said that', shtick every time he makes an anti Patriots joke is just dumb. He needs all the attention he can get for his re-retirement, whenever that comes.
Gronk is the greatest TE in league history. Despite injuries, he’s put up amazing numbers and has more highlight catches than 99.9% of players.

Having said that, just like Brady, he’s a weirdo. That’s ok. You can both be a weirdo and supremely talented. The king of pop comes to mind. As does Lennon. Prince was bizarro.

Personal note : Gronk seems like the kind of person I’d rather cheer for than room with.

So a Gronk reunion is not in the works?....

Funny joke.

If you are a FA planning to visit NE, beware of incentive laden contracts because the Pats will cheat you out of your money. Disparaging comments with the intent to paint the Patriots in a bad light are nothing new out of the Big Dummy from Buffalo, NY. Upon arriving in the Sunshine state, he has ripped the Pats for being too rigid and now they are cheap.
He's obviously bitter.

He's obviously bitter.
I see that he is building his own drama and suspense regarding playing football in 2022.

Word as of late is that he would consider playing for only 1 lucky team. Stay tuned for the big announcement.

Gotta keep his social presence elevated….

Even if true, I felt like the reality would be that the team doesn't care about you making your incentives but doesn't actively try to deny you from them. The gameplan is what it is for each game, if you don't hit your numbers they're not going to veer from the plan to help you hit a bonus.

Not saying that that's how they are, but that wouldn't surprise me in the least

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back