Khaled Holmes, G/C, Southern Cal
Damontre Moore, DE/LB, Texas A&M
Jesse Williams, DT Alabama
John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
JJ Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern
Shaun Williams, S, Georgia
Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
Josh Evans, S, Florida

That wasn't the point that was brought up, Patsfan13. Go back and look at what he was responding to.

TommyBrady12 was responding to Manxman who made the comment : "Will be much happier if he's paired with one of the quicker guys so I'm not overly concerned yet."

TommyBrady12 asked how Dobson was slow at 4.44. Manxman didn't say Dobson was slow. Just not as quick. And I pointed out that Dobson's quickness numbers (3-cone and Short Shuttle) are the worst of any Patriot receiver drafted. And that includes Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson and Taylor Price.

Fair enough, 4.34 in the snow (as per NFLN) is fast on the outside in my book + the no drops works for me. Hopefully in his visit with the PAts he convinced BB that he has the smarts to function mentally in this O.

the video highlights someone posted earlier looked good to me.... then again, highlights usually do.....

Shawn Crable looked great in his highlights. I'm sure DaBruinz spoke highly of Crable when we drafted him too:rolleyes:

New England Patriots ‏@Patriots 1m
According to Stats Inc., new Patriots WR Aaron Dobson didn't have a single drop on 92 targets last year.

Look at what Patton's is. It's crazy good as well.

I actually like all of the Jet's picks. Milliner was the consensus best CB, Richardson is a beast at DT, Geno Smith is a good QB, 43-6 TD to INT ratio last year.

There was no consensus best CB going into the draft. It was a toss up between Milliner, Hayden, and Trufant.

Geno Smith made no sense for the Jets unless they are going to eat Sanchez's contract. They now have 6 QBs on their roster and their best QB last year was McElroy, not Sanchez or Tebow. And they'll have to eat close to 8M cutting Sanchez.

Keenan Allen finally comes off the board.

Well the Patriots missed out again...and again...and again. They had a chance to take keenan allen, justin hunter, woods, or patterson and they took none of them. Really, really? They missed out on boldin before, this guy looks like boldin, wayne, and kinda like jordy nelson when healthy. The pats better draft da rick or ima be pissed.

Polian's sadly right, won't be surprised if Allen has a great year, sigh....

I like Dobson he seems like what Lloyd should have been. Great hands and size, hopefully his route running is good too.

Interested to see what they do with Collins, seems like he can cover and rush the passer which is a great plus our LB are all redundant and getting one that can cover was a huge need.
The knock on Dobson is his limited route tree. If he had great route running, with his hands, size and speed, he would've been a sure-fire first rounder. It will be interesting to see how he handles a playbook as diverse and complex as the Patriots'.

As for Collins. He's a great athlete with exceptional explosive ability off the edge. If he lives up to all that athletic ability he could be a poor man's Demarcus Ware. That's a big "if" however. He's got 'project' written all over him and has a long way to go to ever reach such heights.

Markus Wheaton gone now, too.

Shawn Crable looked great in his highlights. I'm sure DaBruinz spoke highly of Crable when we drafted him too:rolleyes:

Nope. I spoke of good potential. There is a difference. You clearly don't understand that. Unlike you, who still complain and whine about every move that is done, I try to understand what the Pats see.

OH, and nice way to duck being held accountable for your BS by not acknowledging that you were wrong on Collins and what he did. I noticed you can't be bothered to actually post even ONE DE from the SEC who had equivalent numbers as Collins.

Well the Patriots missed out again...and again...and again. They had a chance to take keenan allen, justin hunter, woods, or patterson and they took none of them. Really, really? They missed out on boldin before, this guy looks like boldin, wayne, and kinda like jordy nelson when healthy. The pats better draft da rick or ima be pissed.

Really? Really.....you should be the GM...really

The Patriots did not miss out. The Patriots didn't draft a player you wanted. There's a considerable difference.

Wheaton gone to Pittsburg...Damn it.

relax, a lot of teams passed on keenan allen. he has knee issues.
hunter drops a ton of passes. patterson has IQ problems and can't digest a playbook. on the other hand, dobson didn't drop a single pass last year.

Keenan Allen finally comes off the board.

Guy simply scared me. Mentioned this numerous times. But how long does it take to recover from a knee sprain? Injury happened in November. I'm thinking there is more going on there from an outsiders perspective. The guy just has a Ras Dowling feel to him.

I didn't. Twig legs were obvious. And vs the Giants during preseason, Giants OL were pushing him backwards 10 yards on 3 consecutive plays. Horrible scouting by BB's band of draft wonks

The Chargers are quietly having a great draft to turn their program around. So far it looks like Coach McCoy and his staff have been making great decision for the team's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST