PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give as high as a third for him..

lets hope it goes through.. I think the Pats are the perfect destination for him.

Keep him away from his old haunts and plant his A** in the film room for 20 hours a day, he won’t have time to screw up.

Holy ****ing ****. If we actually get him I will lose my mind.

This might be like the mingo trade where every analyst will say BB will make him a star .What will actually happen is a lottery.
Mingo has never been good though.

Belichick's philosophy is if you can get a good player at a reasonable price, you make that move.

They sure as heck didn't need Moss in 2007, but value met cost, and the rest was history.
The cost certainly makes sense from a salary standpoint. Let’s see what the trade value looks like. He’s got talent, no doubt - and despite his troubled situation, he’s not necessarily dangerous to anyone but himself. I can’t think of many situations where a change of scenery and getting a guy into a winning culture with proper coaching would make more of a difference than this.

We have a crazy amount of picks. If we absolutely must go that high, I'd do it. We've given up more and received less in the past (Didn't Derrick Burgess cost us a third lol?).

Where you getting this from?

Didn't we talk about this before? Just a prediction.

Dude is on his last strike. You don't get on your last strike without making a lot of bad choices. People who tend to make bad choice after bad choice don't usually just stop one day.

Maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm right. We'll see.

We're adding offense when we need help on D

Despite the D's issues in Jax game, they put us in a position to win at the end with two turnovers in 6 plays. The offense stalled only getting 3 points. Additionally, if the offense was better the D would have had to defense less drives and would have looked miles better.

This might be like the mingo trade where every analyst will say BB will make him a star .What will actually happen is a lottery.

What you mean lottery? You not getting a bum here. The guy will make plays for you.

Reportedly, plenty of teams were in it... my gut tells me it's gonna be a substantial transaction

My guess is a conditional 3rd at best,but it will be based on production, with a 5th being the "expected" return

Gordon > Patterson wait Any WR > Patterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST