PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Dysfunctional Red Sox are back, baby!

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
24 players / 24 cabs........Chicken 'n beer.......not this time.
This 2017 version of dysfunction involves a new breed of athlete......the millennial athlete ....so eager for likes in the age of social media....so full of insecurity....so ready to embrace group think....so ill-prepared to handle criticism.

Looking at this roster, it is startling the lack of veteran leadership within the ranks of the positional players. A half dozen kids, a couple of vets with no standing, and try-hard Pedroia who leads by example on the field but prefers comedy within the clubhouse.
Here's where the real problem is....the veteran leadership for the team comes from the pitching ranks....Price and Sale. The fact that position players are now following Price's lead is frightening on several levels. It demonstrates the lack of an alpha male within the 1-9 ranks. It shows how dysfunctional this team must truly be to follow the likes of a pitcher who lacks definable leadership characteristics. It shows misguided priorities.

That being said, the front office's vision for the future of baseball has been wildly off base. Cherrington envisioned baseball reverting back to the pre-power era when speed and glove ruled......hence a roster of tiny "all-around" players. While it would have been difficult for Cherrington to foresee this new juiced ball era, the fact remains...a roster full of slap hitters needs to string an awful lot of singles together to score.

As of July 26, 2017....the Sox offense remains anemic. No power, 9 shutouts, with some of the most wretched statistics I've seen from a Sox lineup ever. Even worse, we are starting to realize the Sox great young players are turning into middling MLB players. Bogaerts and Bradley have enough data on them to see clearly who they are. And as great a Sox player as Pedroia has been been, the fact remains he is as light a hitter as there is in this league....and certainly not a heart of the order batter.

The Sox issues are massive....close to $100 million tied up in garbage salaries that offer little to nothing on the field. First and third are sink holes. Betts is being figured out by pitchers. Even worse, a trip to Fenway requires a 4 hour commitment to view the singles hitters in action.

And even with all these issues, the millennial snowflakes who make up half the roster are most concerned with their media coverage.

The time has come to fire Farrell. The players have tuned out this robot and the fans are eager to see him gone.
The time has come for fans to vocalize their displeasure with Price, while he's on the mound. Clearly this guy is torn between big checks and happiness....and he's already figured out he won't find both here in NE. The way I see it, it is up to the fans to drive this guy to opt out of his burdensome contract that will become Boston's next big albatross. Send the message....GO AWAY. (no way he forfeits the guaranteed money though...IMO)

Get your popcorn and dramamine, the Sox are in action slapping singles in a band box near you. The dysfunction is on full display and it will be spectacular. Will the snowflakes stand the heat? I fear the collapse of 2017 is already underway.

Last edited:
Price to the DL on the very day he's scheduled to start at home. His first home start since being outed as a media bully. Anyone read Borges this AM....ripping Price and encouraging the Fenway faithful to boo him off the mound
I hate this organization

Last edited:
Price to the DL on the very he's scheduled to start at home. His first home start since being outed as a media bully. Anyone read Borges this AM....ripping Price and encouraging the Fenway faithful to boo him off the mound
I hate this organization
the team is helping price avoid the crowd. absolutly pathetic lol. i read the story. i was going to tune in just to see price get booed.

the team is helping price avoid the crowd. absolutly pathetic lol. i read the story. i was going to tune in just to see price get booed.
It was the only reason to watch. I was going to throw beer bottles at my TV tonight. Now what do I do?

While I was up in Boston/Cape Cod a couple of weeks ago, I told everyone within earshot that this team - this entire organization - is a fraud.
Now those of us with experience and common sense have been proven to be correct, again.

I dont know why people come all the way over to this forum to talk **** about the team. You ****ing people are miserable

I dont know why people come all the way over to this forum to talk **** about the team. You ****ing people are miserable
The journey to get "all the way over to this forum" was exhausting. Some who venture this far arrive no worse for the wear. Others exhibit Price-like symptoms, lashing out during stressful times.
Hmmmmmmmm
Do you happen to have a dog named Astro?

The journey to get "all the way over to this forum" was exhausting. Some who venture this far arrive no worse for the wear. Others exhibit Price-like symptoms, lashing out during stressful times.
Hmmmmmmmm
Do you happen to have a dog named Astro?
i do not...my dogs are named Otis, Lucy and Lily
for the record, i cant stand Price and they should get rid of his ass. Him and EdRod should be traded because they are both head cases

Baghdad Bob has nothing on NESN's propaganda ministers.
Elsewhere....
Ever listen to Susan Waldman's on-air orgasms during her Yankee broadcasts....though....I believe even Yankee announcers would attempt to mention difficult team issues the public is focused on.
Rays TV broadcasts are insufferable. The strike zone is too small for their pitchers and too big for their hitters.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back