The defense is not fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

varjao

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Absence of playmaker.
No pass rush.
Not even the turnovers that used to save the day back when we had stinky secondaries.

I never bought into the narrative that this was a good defense. Good regular season defense. That was a shame today.

But I don't blame BB or anyone. We need an infusion of good players on the defensive line and we simply don't have the capital to draft top players coming out of the college drafting in the 30s every year. Paying 100Mi dollars to Suh or Donald isn't smart either.

Man they didntd touch Foles today one single time. **** that I'm gonna drink.

Great season, congratulations to the Eagles and the Patriots as well.

Good luck Patricia, go to hell McDaniels.

Finally, 5-3 is better than 3-5. We had no business winning that SB last year and it came down to a miracle play to win against Seattle, this defense has never been close to elite, but we always had the best coaches and Brady. Today was not enough. Terrible coaching along with a trash defense.

Onto 2018.

Last edited:
Straight Up Trash.

We need guys who can rush the passer, collapse the pocket.

Hightower would have made a huge difference tonight.

The tackling at the second level was some of the worst that I've ever seen. No pass rush, terrible on third down, no ability to contain the edges. Just awful. I feel bad for Brady. He set Super Bowl records for passing but the defense and Patricia/Belichick coughed up the game.

We did great this season with the tools we had. Got outcoached tonight.

Patsfans posters keep whistling past graveyard

Bill Belichick the GM/Coach is the greatest in the history of the game. Bill Belichick the GM lost this in the off-season. We couldn't be exposed because of weak offenses in the AFC. Lost Long/Sheard and replaced with Kony Ealy. Who lasted a week or two. Never got a backup LB to fill in just in case Hightower or Van Noy get injured.

It is what it is. I'll take being a Pats fan over anyone else in this stupid f'n league. Get an edge and a LB and a cb to replace Butler.

Guys, we got beat by a good team. Let's not pretend that the D got gashed by the Browns.

You don't have to find a scapegoat every time you lose. That's the kind of rank immaturity i'd expect of Steelers fans.

I'm sure they'll try to improve the D in the offseason. I'm sure their actions in doing so will not satisfy everyone. \

Frankly I'm a little concerned that the entire core may be past its peak a bit, and that there's nowhere to go but down for a couple years while the team tries to restructure. You can't be a Superbowl contender every single year.

Speedy linebackers need to be at a premium. Hightower helps but we suck at covering rbs. Need an infusion of speed and more talent on the DL

D line needs an overhaul. Foles made himself some money tonight. The guy will be a one hit wonder.

Anyone who thinks that butler wouldn't have made some kind of difference is fooling themselves.

We did great this season with the tools we had. Got outcoached tonight.

You talk as if it was a blowout.

Foles caught his TD pass. Brady didn't.

BOTTOM LINE
The defense was awful in run defense, and especially on the last drive, but they DID give the ball to the offense with over 2 minutes to go. This has always been enough for Brady and the offense.

You talk as if it was a blowout.

Foles caught his TD pass. Brady didn't.

BOTTOM LINE
The defense was awful in run defense, and especially on the last drive, but they DID give the ball to the offense with over 2 minutes to go. This has always been enough for Brady and the offense.

I just said we got outcoached, how is that acting like it was a blowout?

Our defense didn't give the ball to the offense with two minutes to go. They gave up a touchdown with two minutes to go.

I am expecting them to spend all their early round picks on either Oline or defense, especially the two second rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes