PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans hire head coach, ravens get draft pics?

Sorrynotsorry

On the Roster
Reaction score
Former assistant from Ravens.... He happens to be black.. Which is of no concern to me... We know that black head coaches can win super bowls...

What bothers me:

As a result, the Baltimore Ravens will receive two 3rd round draft picks because they groomed a person of color to be a head coach.

How is this not going against everything MLK stood for... To judge a man not on the color of his skin.. But on the content of their character

Am I the only one who sees an inherent flaw in this thinking?

Maybe BB should hire an assistant thats not white so we can groom him for a job at another team...

Is this not crazy?
If Im being Archie Bunker... Ill go crawl back under my non pc rock.

I think what's weird is EricB was passed over like a dozen times the last 2 years. I don't know what the solution is but it does seem like good ole boys keep getting hired over and over. This is what happens when people keep only hiring those who seem most familiar or comfortable to them. Like I said I don't know what the solution is if you don't like the rule.

Last edited:
I think what's weird is EricB was passed over like a dozen times the last 2 years. I don't know what the solution is but it does seem like good ole boys keep getting hired over and over. This is when people keep only hiring those who seem most familiar or comfortable to them. Like I said I don't know what the solution is if you don't like this one.

I just dont feel like a diversity hire(not implying what this is/was) warrants a leg up for the team that groomed said coach.

White Coaches are not rewarded with draft pics... We know why... But I wouldnt want that for white dudes either.

The ravens are a very good team. The fact that they are awarded 2 3rd round pics is very advantageous... IT hurts the other teams that dont have a coach of color(that seems silly to type as coaches are just coaches) going to a new organization as a head coach.

Im not going to disagree with your good old boy networking quip.. Its true and it happens. See politics.

However 60 percent of the leauge are black players... But only 13 percent of the nation are black.

So they are pretty well represented as far as just statistics go for the leauge as a whole..

So do we say that 13 percent should be represented as coaches for a fair and balanced sport or do we say that 60 percent should be represented because of the perentage of black players.

Its a slippery slope for inclusion because at what point does this turn to a player representation quota... What if white athletes started to sue the nfl based on racial diversity?

We would not have the best product on the field.

We all know there are some true bums for coaches in the nfl, and easily a black guy could have gotten a job and done just as bad or hopefully substantially better.

I dont have an answer to racial equality...

However something can't be right about giving perks to teams based on color alone.

Last edited:
Former assistant from Ravens.... He happens to be black.. Which is of no concern to me... We know that black head coaches can win super bowls...

What bothers me:

As a result, the Baltimore Ravens will receive two 3rd round draft picks because they groomed a person of color to be a head coach.

How is this not going against everything MLK stood for... To judge a man not on the color of his skin.. But on the content of their character

Am I the only one who sees an inherent flaw in this thinking?

Maybe BB should hire an assistant thats not white so we can groom him for a job at another team...

Is this not crazy?
If Im being Archie Bunker... Ill go crawl back under my non pc rock.

Really, your first sentence..."we know that black coaches can win super bowls"....as if that was a question that needed to be answered.
And yeah, I'm fine with the NFL putting measures in place to counter the privileges that white coaches have, until everyone has them.
Race doesn't exist except as a construct for economic domination. It was invented in the late 1400's to justify the enslavement of Africans. Until that time, slavery didn't need a justification (hence the word "slave" which comes from "slav" because the Slavic people were enslaved more routinely than other nations). Philosophers, scholars, and religious people started questioning it, so the crown of Portugal paid a guy to write a book to justify it. He invented "race" and opened the door to African enslavement. That's the historical link to your question about Black coaches.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back