PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but since the thread title is 'TE', here is an old thread I started that made me really sad to go read again:
Hernandez drops

Posted it in 2010, when the two-headed TE monster was in full beast mode.

1. Odds that best TE ever is healthy 1st 2 months of 2018? If not we have zero credible TE if Bennet goes.
2. Pats teams have drafted TEs in the 1st round

All said, I would not want to see a pick in the top 50 going to TE. FA should make this so.
With 2 years he played 16 games and 2 years he played 15, the odds of him having that kind of year as opposed to the one he just had is about 60%

I agree that the 2nd TE, if Bennett goes, should be gotten in FA, but I would like to see the Pats go after that kid from Ashland College, whose name escapes me at the moment in the 3rd with their comp pick or 4th.

BTW- don't forget they have 2 TE's coming off IR who will be in the mix along with Lengel. In the end it will be a crowded group come TC, and fierce competition since there will likely be only 3 TE slots next season

Having at least two capable TE's is important to the offense if only for the sake of having one healthy one.

Not sure how to measure replacement value for Bennett but he was clearly hobbled throughout the year. Can they find a comparable replacement in the draft?

Anyways I don't think it's all about running the two TE sets rather making sure we have at least one healthy or capable TE on the field. The ability to run two TE sets is the bonus.
That's all fine, but I still don't think they should be using a high 1st round pick on it.

Honestly I would just draft a TE or maybe 2 between rounds 3-7. I don't get the hype for OJ Howard. He doesn't look like anything special to me. He could be a decent TE but he aint the next big thing. Plus TE is a risky position to draft in the first round, lots of guys bust out or are just okay. Eric Ebron, Brandon Pettigrew, Marcedes Lewis, Heath Miller, Brandon Graham, Ben Watson, the list of just okay TEs goes on and on. So why take one in the first round when we have other needs and this draft is exceptionally deep at TE?

I think Michael Roberts is a TE version of Malcom Mitchell. He seems to give a good effort in blocking and reliable catching the ball. Needs to work on getting open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back