PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have always liked Suh, even back to college where even and untrained eye could watch and say "Holy crap, who is that guy?"

Yes, he is chippy and cheap. The kind of guy you love on your team and hate if he isn't (similar to Rodney Harrison). He also provides some position flexibility as a traditional interior DT or even outside as a BIG DE (like Guy). Although he didn't have a great year with the Rams he stepped up in the playoffs and could provide the same level of impact for the Pats.

Although the holes at WR and TE are glaring I still think the Pats need to get younger \ better along the defensive line. Bring Suh in gives the Pats more flexibility, they could take a flyer on Simmons or draft some developmental prospects in the later rounds.

The question is value, maybe #21 over 3 years structured in a way that he would be unlikely to see the whole deal.

I have always liked Suh, even back to college where even and untrained eye could watch and say "Holy crap, who is that guy?"

Yes, he is chippy and cheap. The kind of guy you love on your team and hate if he isn't (similar to Rodney Harrison). He also provides some position flexibility as a traditional interior DT or even outside as a BIG DE (like Guy). Although he didn't have a great year with the Rams he stepped up in the playoffs and could provide the same level of impact for the Pats.

Although the holes at WR and TE are glaring I still think the Pats need to get younger \ better along the defensive line. Bring Suh in gives the Pats more flexibility, they could take a flyer on Simmons or draft some developmental prospects in the later rounds.

The question is value, maybe #21 over 3 years structured in a way that he would be unlikely to see the whole deal.
1 year cheap $. Nothing more.

Last year he made 14 mill per spotrac. I doubt he’d come here on a cheap deal which is probably all wed offer.

Not much. Suh with you?

Yes, Suh? No, Suh.

The comparison with Rodney Harrison is a poor one. Rodney had his faults, but being a dog who quits at the first hint of adversity and exhibits absolutely no leadership skills was never part of his make-up. Screw Suh...

No Suh, I don't mean maybe.

1 year cheap $. Nothing more.
Agree completely... underachiever with personality disorder. He did have a great playoff run last season, though, and that would be the only reason I'd advocate the one-year cheap deal.

Mental case

Suh was as dominant in college as Quinnen Williams, if not more. Came in the league, played hard at first but became a nutcase and cheap shot artist.
Don't want him here. Besides, didn't he say he wants to stay and play on the west coast? I wonder if Gruden has any interest? I doubt it but someone will try to sign him. Not sure he'll be happy with the offer but he's not getting "paid" good $ any more. That ship has sailed.

A couple of considerations here.

First, no major signing will come until after May 10. This (I believe, I could be off by a day or two) is the cutoff point when FA signings no longer count against the comp pick formula. If they were to sign Suh today, they would be essentially trading a 2020 3rd round pick for him.

Next, what does the current cap look like? It's going to cost some $5 million to sign rookies, plus an additional $5 will be kept for late additions.

If this all leaves enough money to sign Suh to a Revis-style deal, then I'm all for it.

Other than comp picks, the other reason I’d want to wait is to see the status of Gerald McCoy. I don’t have any interest in taking on his current contract ($13 million this season), but if he’s willing to take a pay cut to facilitate a trade or if the Bucs just release him then I think you can get a similar player to Suh without the giant red flags. If the Bucs can’t trade him over draft weekend, then my guess is that they’ll just release him.

Remember that video from the locker room after the AFC Championship and some of the offensive linemen were already talking about who the Rams had? I believe it was Trent Brown that mentioned they had Suh.

Marcus Cannon: "That's a good thing. That's a good thing they got Suh."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots