PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Story on Patriots' documentary brings recent dysfunction to light

Bill honks will read this, throw it in the trash and then wonder why Bill is no longer with the team.

Bill is a **** who made questionable decisions as a GM/Coach over the years. everyone should know that. it's one thing when you are winning super bowls. its another when you are now 4-13 with that same management style....

lets not forget Bill basically pushed Gronk to retire too by trying to trade him....then Gronk comes back in 2021 with Brady and looks like same old Gronk of old.

No, why would you be right about that? Bill drafted good players and made mostly sound decisions. The only incredibly baffling one was 4th and 13 in SB42.

You don’t seem to grasp the magnitude of how stupid and anomalous his decisions were for the last eight years, notably the ones I highlighted. The media and local fans just brushed it off as “well he’s earned the right.”

Anyway I’m just doing the best to answer impossible theoretical questions you’re asking me.
Should be interesting to find out what the players really thought of Fatt Matt, offensive coordinator. Hope the documentary covers it.

We all know there’s only one coach in the league who would make a hire like that. Maybe one coach ever. Maybe one person ever.

Should be interesting to find out what the players really thought of Fatt Matt, offensive coordinator. Hope the documentary covers it.

We all know there’s only one coach in the league who would make a hire like that. Maybe one coach ever. Maybe one person ever.
andy reid made his ol coach dc when he was in philly. so...no.

andy reid made his ol coach dc when he was in philly. so...no.
He wasn’t a failed head coach like Patricia was. There was also no consensus that it was a bad idea like there was here. Not that I remember. But yeah that was dumb too and Reid admitted it.

Bourne already said the Patricia hire was ridiculous so I’m sure he wasn’t the only player who felt that way.

Last edited:
He wasn’t a failed head coach like Patricia was. There was also no consensus that it was a bad idea like there was here. Not that I remember. But yeah that was dumb too and Reid admitted it.

Bourne already said the Patricia hire was ridiculous so I’m sure he wasn’t the only player who felt that way.
josh is a failed hc. but a good oc. worked on defensive side before oc. being a failed hc has nothing to do with your comment which was "only 1 person ever does this". castillo got 22 games as dc. media didn't go as hard on reid because reid is media friendly.
BOTH decisions were bad at the very least in hindsight,agreed.

The crazy part is kraft making this video just to make a buck. Why kill the aura and do a tell all video. Makes kraft look greedy which he seems to be
Its more justifying firing BB and implying that the Pats are back on the road to winning and Super Bowls. Kraft made the bold move firing a HOF HC and has supposedly fixed issues with his team.

It will be this way until Mayo proves that the hype about him is real or not.

Bills sucks ass. Too bad so many of his scrotum lickers didn’t realize it for so long despite so many players openly saying it.

Ever since SB49 when he got **** lucky on a horrendous time management decision, he declared himself emperor, pissed away the 2015 season with Steven Jackson since HFA didn’t matter (lol), pissed away SB52 (like a coward, refused to take questions about that game in this docu), alienated every great player, kept his buddy network cult of failed coaches, made stupid contrarian draft picks and personnel moves, made constant excuses, and made sure The pAtRiOT wAy was upheld as he sank the franchise into a mile of dung.
To be fair it was a horrible decision but why hasn’t Malcolm Butler given his side of the story? He has had plenty of opportunity to do so. He even came back here.

The rest of the stuff I agree completely although the overall premise that he sucks is extreme. He clearly did a lot of good things during the first stretch of the dynasty but it seems that things legitimately went sour in 2013 moving forward.

Its more justifying firing BB and implying that the Pats are back on the road to winning and Super Bowls.
Continue Season 9 GIF by The Office

To be fair it was a horrible decision but why hasn’t Malcolm Butler given his side of the story? He has had plenty of opportunity to do so. He even came back here.

The rest of the stuff I agree completely although the overall premise that he sucks is extreme. He clearly did a lot of good things during the first stretch of the dynasty but it seems that things legitimately went sour in 2013 moving forward.
Butler addressed it several times. Basically he admits to not having the best week at practice.

BB's been the one to never speak of it and gets *****y when asked about it.

Bill honks will read this, throw it in the trash and then wonder why Bill is no longer with the team.

Bill is a **** who made questionable decisions as a GM/Coach over the years. everyone should know that. it's one thing when you are winning super bowls. its another when you are now 4-13 with that same management style....

lets not forget Bill basically pushed Gronk to retire too by trying to trade him....then Gronk comes back in 2021 with Brady and looks like same old Gronk of old.
The reason they are reacting so bad to this is because it's a lot harder to pretend this is a nothingburger when it's Brady, Gronk, other players, and Kraft looking into a camera and saying it.

Its more justifying firing BB and implying that the Pats are back on the road to winning and Super Bowls. Kraft made the bold move firing a HOF HC and has supposedly fixed issues with his team.

It will be this way until Mayo proves that the hype about him is real or not.
Guess it's all an ugly divorce and mud slinging. It's all a turnoff. I'm not sold in the mayo experiment. We'd laugh at another team for doing this

Guess it's all an ugly divorce and mud slinging. It's all a turnoff. I'm not sold in the mayo experiment. We'd laugh at another team for doing this
Younger coaches are getting hired all over the league. Old guys like Carroll and BB are getting phased out. There's nothing to laugh at. The Pats needed to clean house and they have.

The reason they are reacting so bad to this is because it's a lot harder to pretend this is a nothingburger when it's Brady, Gronk, other players, and Kraft looking into a camera and saying it.
We were all aware that Bill historically trades people before they bottom out. No surprise he wanted to trade Gronk and even Brady. That's his style. He wanted Brady year to year because he didn't want to be left with a long-term contract for an older player. We can evaluate that strategy in hindsight, but the fact is that was his management philosophy, and he didn't deviate. I hate this he said she said crap. I hope Bill continues to maintain his silence and not get down in the gutter with Kraft and his minions.

We were all aware that Bill historically trades people before they bottom out. No surprise he wanted to trade Gronk and even Brady. That's his style. He wanted Brady year to year because he didn't want to be left with a long-term contract for an older player. We can evaluate that strategy in hindsight, but the fact is that was his management philosophy, and he didn't deviate. I hate this he said she said crap. I hope Bill continues to maintain his silence and not get down in the gutter with Kraft and his minions.
The Gronk trade was because he was a distraction that off-season, with his motocross antics. At that point, Gronk was sick of Bill's BS and was trying to shoot his way out of town, and Bill was willing to oblige. BB never expected Gronk to play the retirement card, but he wanted to stay with Tom.

The whole thing was a mess. It's amazing that they held it together as long as they did. This isn't a 3-5 year run. Talking about 20 years. Not surprising that everyone had gotten on each other's nerves.

I just asked Ian, if I delete my original post here, will it make all the responses disappear, as well? The answer is, regrettably, no.
This entire thread is a great case in "this is why we can't have nice things."

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back