PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Story on Patriots' documentary brings recent dysfunction to light

I would have moved on from BB in 2018 (or at least 2019) and kept TB. But saying that at the time would have been denounced as heresy. Literaly everybody refused to see what was going on and labeled the reports we had at the time as gossip from pseudo-jounalists.

I think it was not about his style (which I still think it was/is correct). But the exasperation of his style and the inability to let it go just a little bit acknowledging TB "exceptionalism". And not being held accountable for his mistakes by RK.
So, Ego and the old say "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely".
After a 13-3 Super Bowl victory? A bold move Cotton.

They're not. That's my point. I'm not saying we shouldn't acknowledge reality. It's just weird to me to watch a documentary about the dynasty... the most unique dynasty in the history of football, and mainly want to talk about how terrible it was at the end. If given the choice between celebrating and acknowledging reality that is no longer part of the team, I'd rather celebrate.

Shrug. Maybe that's just me.
The odd thing is that they won a Super Bowl in 2019.

This is in the middle of the so-called dysfunction and the misery.

I look forward to that kind of misery in the next 10 years.

My least favorite part of being a Patriots fan these days is the idea that I have to look back at an NFL dynasty that is unrivaled in its longevity and retroactively assign blame for its demise.

Last edited:
The odd thing is that they won a Super Bowl in 2019.

This is in the middle of the so-called dysfunction and the misery.

I look forward to that kind of misery in the next 10 years.
More then 1 thing can be true.

- You can have great players
- Those players can play great games
- Coaches can come up with a great game plan
- There can be dysfunction within the organization
- The coach is an ******* and can make the players miserable

It’s not one thing or another.

More then 1 thing can be true.

- You can have great players
- Those players can play great games
- Coaches can come up with a great game plan
- There can be dysfunction within the organization
- The coach is an ******* and can make the players miserable

It’s not one thing or another.
Any of it can be true. All I'm pointing out is that whatever was happening lead to a victory. We don't know that a kinder gentler approach would have done so otherwise.

My least favorite part of being a Patriots fan these days is the idea that I have to look back at an NFL dynasty that is unrivaled in its longevity and retroactively assign blame for its demise.
That's because it ended by going into the ****ter. We had to watch Brady go on to Tampa and win a SB and produce 2 of the best seasons of his career playing for the clown - Arians. And then on the flip, we got to watch BB ruin Mac Jones and give us the worst 2 seasons since the early 90s and find himself out of job completely ...

How’s it a hit piece if players are going on the record and are the ones who are saying it? And it’s not just the Asante Samuel’s of the world. It’s Brady, Slater, Amendola, Welker,….

“Players, including several still on the roster, disclose just how difficult it was playing for Belichick. “It was brutal,” Matthew Slater said. Rob Gronkowski described pulling up to 1 Patriot Place and not wanting to get out of his car to go into work. Wes Welker compared Brady to an abused dog for continually going back to work for Belichick.”

You can run a tight ship, be demanding, etc… but you don’t have to be an *******.
Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

It worked, until it didn't.

Any of it can be true. All I'm pointing out is that whatever was happening lead to a victory. We don't know that a kinder gentler approach would have done so otherwise.
Probably led to more winning. He has such great leaders on all those teams.

How’s it a hit piece if players are going on the record and are the ones who are saying it? And it’s not just the Asante Samuel’s of the world. It’s Brady, Slater, Amendola, Welker,….

“Players, including several still on the roster, disclose just how difficult it was playing for Belichick. “It was brutal,” Matthew Slater said. Rob Gronkowski described pulling up to 1 Patriot Place and not wanting to get out of his car to go into work. Wes Welker compared Brady to an abused dog for continually going back to work for Belichick.”

You can run a tight ship, be demanding, etc… but you don’t have to be an *******.
Funny to me how we went from, "The Bill/Brady friction is made up clickbait by journalists/F&M/etc" to "meh who cares we all knew this was true already" when it's confirmed to be true by direct quotes from respected ex-players. Like a child who says "I wasn't even trying anyway" when they lose at a game. Bill being this much of an ******* was not common knowledge and I'm glad it's coming to light.

Paul Brown comes to mind and his end in Cleveland.

After a 13-3 Super Bowl victory? A bold move Cotton.
To clarify. I meant for the 2018 season, so after philly loss. And in any case after n. 6, yes. It wss clear that it wss time to chose: BB or TB. RK waited too long and made the wrong decision. Franchise was left with TB gone and BB pissed and unreliable.

To clarify. I meant for the 2018 season, so after philly loss. And in any case after n. 6, yes. It wss clear that it wss time to chose: BB or TB. RK waited too long and made the wrong decision. Franchise was left with TB gone and BB pissed and unreliable.
So before a Superbowl Victory lol

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back