PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stork and Lafell Practicing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Bryan Stork (short-term IR, concussion) is dressing to practice today. Rules state that he couldn’t practice for 6 weeks. This is week 7.

But Stork can’t play in a game until after 8 weeks, so he has to miss #Jets and #Dolphins games these next two weeks.

Last edited:
If our offense is performing as well as it is now, I'm looking forward to seeing how it does with Stork and LaFell back in the mix.

If our offense is performing as well as it is now, I'm looking forward to seeing how it does with Stork and LaFell back in the mix.

Andrews has been outstanding.

But Stork is a better player. Bigger, stronger a little more experienced.

Lets just hope Stork is over those lingering concussion symptoms.

I suspect the neck had more to do with the IR than the concussion.

Andrews has been outstanding.

But Stork is a better player. Bigger, stronger a little more experienced.
It's interesting that last season Wendell became the new Connolly and now it appears Andrews is primed to become the new Wendell. I think there is tremendous value in having an all purpose interior OL, we have seen it for years with Connolly and Wendell filling voids on the fly,

Although he was listed as Concussion, it was actually a neck pain that they weren't sure if it was concussion related or not. With multiple concussions being a scary thing these days, it's worth noting that the concussion may be fully, tangentially or not at all related.

Stork's presence will help strengthen what we lost when Solder went down.

Cannon - Mason/Wendell - Stork - Wendell/Jackson - Vollmer

It will probably be a 3 or 4 weeks before he is ready to play a game. He might have been able to stay strong and aerobically fit during this time, but getting ready to play football is going to take some time.

Good news, Stork was seen putting his pads on and Lafell told people he was practicing today. They are coming back boys.

Doug Kyed– ‏@DougKyed

Looks like Bryan Stork is going to practice today. Putting on a uniform and pads.
8:48 AM - 21 Oct 2015
14 RETWEETS33 FAVORITES

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-21_9-15-5.gif
    upload_2015-10-21_9-15-5.gif
    52 bytes · Views: 1
It will probably be a 3 or 4 weeks before he is ready to play a game.
He's not even eligible to be activated for the next 2 weeks so it will be at least that. As opposed to LaFell who is eligible for this week if he's ready.

tumblr_inline_nauonmjyPs1snjmql.gif

It's interesting that last season Wendell became the new Connolly and now it appears Andrews is primed to become the new Wendell. I think there is tremendous value in having an all purpose interior OL, we have seen it for years with Connolly and Wendell filling voids on the fly,
The ability of having players on the interior line know multiple positions serves a dual-purpose. One, it provides the team roster flexibility and two, by the player knowing the other positions it accelerates the ability to play with cohesion and synergy.

Brilliant.

Hopefully we can fit both on to the field at the same time.
Andrews has had minimal exposure at G. In preseason vs the Giants he wasn't very good.

Stork has played it but not sure what his level of expertise or ability is. He's big enough thats for sure.

Kinda don't want to disrupt the learning and maturation of Shaq, Jackson and even Kline for that matter.

High class problem...

Good news, Stork was seen putting his pads on and Lafell told people he was practicing today. They are coming back boys.

Doug Kyed– ‏@DougKyed

Looks like Bryan Stork is going to practice today. Putting on a uniform and pads.
8:48 AM - 21 Oct 2015
14 RETWEETS33 FAVORITES
Kyed's Twitter pic is so odd.

So when Stork inevitably returns, what are we going to do with Andrews? He's played great and I don't think just letting him go is a viable option.

Do you put him and Kline in a rotation at guard? Does he become the backup center? Trade bait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back