PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Start/Sit - Week 3

37Harrison

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
My dilemma this week is who should I start as my 3rd WR?

I have Brandon Stokley who scored a TD last week and had 47 yards receiving playing this week vs. Jacksonville (he had 60 yards receiving in week 1)

I also have Donte Stallworth (who has done nothing to this point) and Darrell Jackson (everyone is saying to sit him this week vs Pitt)

Thoughts/help? -

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'd go with Stokely. Stallworth is unlikely to start with an injury risk and Darrell Jackson... well you look at his numbers and you decide.

My dilemma this week is who should I start as my 3rd WR?

I have Brandon Stokley who scored a TD last week and had 47 yards receiving playing this week vs. Jacksonville (he had 60 yards receiving in week 1)

I also have Donte Stallworth (who has done nothing to this point) and Darrell Jackson (everyone is saying to sit him this week vs Pitt)

Thoughts/help? -

Thanks in advance!

I have Stallworth on one of my teams and really unsure about him at this point. I have him benched this week. I went out and picked up Ronald Curry off waivers and have him starting against the Browns defense.( Curry available in 80% of leagues) Until Stallworth does something, he's on my bench.

I'd go with Stokely. Stallworth is unlikely to start with an injury risk and Darrell Jackson... well you look at his numbers and you decide.

I was thinking the same thing. :cool:

I have Stallworth on one of my teams and really unsure about him at this point. I have him benched this week. I went out and picked up Ronald Curry off waivers and have him starting against the Browns defense.( Curry available in 80% of leagues) Until Stallworth does something, he's on my bench.

Curry is already on someone else's team. There really are no viable solutions at this point in regards to FA's. Mike Furrey (Detroit) is still out there but he is competing with Williams, Johnson, and Shaun McDonald for catches.

I agree that until Stallworth does something he is sitting on the bench. It's just the matchup this week against the Bills that has me wondering if this is that week he busts a couple of long ones for TD's.

EDIT: I just noticed that Reggie Brown (Eagles #1 WR) and Vincent Jackson (SD #1 WR) is out there but neither of them have done anything to this point either.

Last edited:
Curry is already on someone else's team. There really are no viable solutions at this point in regards to FA's. Mike Furrey (Detroit) is still out there but he is competing with Williams, Johnson, and Shaun McDonald for catches.

I agree that until Stallworth does something he is sitting on the bench. It's just the matchup this week against the Bills that has me wondering if this is that week he busts a couple of long ones for TD's.

EDIT: I just noticed that Reggie Brown (Eagles #1 WR) and Vincent Jackson (SD #1 WR) is out there but neither of them have done anything to this point either.

Jason Avant is blowing up the waiver seen lately, since he's Mcnabb's new goto guy. Taking away production from Brown. As for Vincent Jackson his QB is Philip Rivers, and only really feels comfortable throwing the ball to Gates.

Jason Avant is blowing up the waiver seen lately, since he's Mcnabb's new goto guy. Taking away production from Brown. As for Vincent Jackson his QB is Philip Rivers, and only really feels comfortable throwing the ball to Gates.

Avant is taken. It looks like I am going to have to grab a Seattle WR (shuddering) that is not named Branch. Hopefully Engram can do something.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back