PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth Contract Breakdown - Only 1 year deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Stallworth and wanted the Pats to sign him last year. However, I was concerned with the contract numbers I initially saw.

If this story is accurate, this is a great contract for the Pats. It makes me wonder, thought, what other teams were offer Donte.

I just hope he doesn't start whining and upsetting the apple cart because he isn't getting enough receptions. We all know how the Pats offense works.

Donte, just stay healthy and productive...that's all we ask, oh yeah, dont be a cancer in the locker room either.

In addition to being financially covered, I think the Pats effectively covered this aspect with a deal like this too. It pretty much ensures that Donte will;

A) work his A** off this year, and B) be on his best behavior.

It's basically a contract year fro his standpoint. He did pretty good in his last one ;)

I love this deal

Last edited:
It's a perfect deal for the Pats. If he doesn't perform they are only out one year at 3.6M and if he performs they can restructure the rest of the deal.

I have a feeling this is going to be a one year deal either way though. If he's a bum he's gone. If he performs he may want to test the market again and if CJ has any type of year we may not mind that for the coin he may want.

Does anybody have a link for the 2008 FA WRs? I couldn't find one but I suspect it's a stronger FA class and they might like somebody there.

Let's hope for either 1 year or 6. Anything but 2 years!

If he's here for year two it means that he did enough in year 1 to warrant the amount of money he'd be receiving as a bonus. If he does that it means he had a pretty good year, and if he has a "pretty good" year, it most likely means our offense was really good. Just saying, if he's here for year 2 he did well in year 1, and that's what I want to see this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back