PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: Patriots could trade JC Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Patriots own his rights next year as an RFA and can give him a first-round tender for only a few million, the return in a trade would likely need to be more than a first rounder this year for it to happen. Why trade him for just a first this year when you could tender him NEXT year and just not match any offer sheet that comes in? And you’d still get this year out of him in that scenario. So, again the price is probably somewhere around a first + a third at a minimum and I doubt anyone is paying that at this point when they could wait til next year to sign him to an offer sheet if they want him that badly, or just wait 2 years and get him as a free agent.

Next year the compensation would be a first. What is one year of one of the best corners in the league worth; I would think at least a 3rd for someone in the hunt. So, yes, the bidding would start at a 1st and a 3rd.

Jamal Adams fetched 2 1sts to me that’s where the negotiations start.
I’d rather hold on to him and I think we will.

Jamal Adams fetched 2 1sts to me that’s where the negotiations start.
I’d rather hold on to him and I think we will.

Just to be clear: the article is just spitballing. There are no credible accounts (e.g., Reiss, etc.) that the Patriots are even considering trading Jackson.

No JC is the future. When it’s his time hopefully he can transition to a leader in the secondary

No trading JC. He's gonna play this season. Can't say for sure that the older guys in the secondary will. Depth matters

Can’t be traded if you opt out..

B598CB26-51FE-4A42-969E-AC3CEEC7EA5F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case