PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Special teams will be awesome this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazinPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Pats have to reload on ST this year given the losses of Gardner, Tully, and Davis. With the pile of 5th-7th round picks in hand, this is the year to do it. Watch for a big influx of ST talent to come in at these rounds. Hopefully, we'll get a nickel back or backup linebacker in the process. We've also got Mel Mitchell returning.

Davis is the only real loss, as Gardner was on IR all year and Tully didn't play a big role on special teams. Mitchell will fill Davis' hole. With Izzo, Mays, and Alexander back, and draft picks on the way, the Pats will be fine.

I'm hoping Willie Andrews has a breakout year on ST. Seems like they used him a lot last preseason.

I'm hoping Willie Andrews has a breakout year on ST. Seems like they used him a lot last preseason.

If you watched, he pretty much did have a breakout year LAST year.

Is Gardner really gone? Has he signed with another team or still recovering from his IR injury? I sort of tjhought we might see him at TC.

Is Gardner really gone? Has he signed with another team or still recovering from his IR injury? I sort of tjhought we might see him at TC.

Reiss reported awhile ago that he was still recovering from his broken leg. He's still a UFA, and it's unlikely anyone signs him until he's healthy.

Don't forget to include Woods in your list of solid special teams talent returning next year. You can also add James Sanders to that list, and, I think, Garrett Mills if he makes the team.

....... Garrett Mills if he makes the team.

I dont know BB would have let Graham walk if he didn't plan on Mills being a solid #3 TE and a role at FB.

ST's could be even better if we draft Griffen, 8 blocked kicks while at Texas or Arron Ross who is a good return man as well. I wouldn't mind seeing both those guys on the pats.

If you watched, he pretty much did have a breakout year LAST year.

I guess I was opening my beer every time I did something good because I barely remember. This bodes well for him this year tho :rocker:

I hope people realize AD is a hell of a ST player. And I also think Meriweather would make a great gunner if we need the extra slot on the roster and need to PS Andrews.

Let's also not forget the return guys. Hobbs single handedly kept the team in the second half of the Colts game within reach with great KO returns. We've obviously also added Welker.

So long as Miller's all patched up and healed and so long as Gos doesn't suffer a sophomore slump, I agree that teams will be awsome this year, which in turn helps both the offense and defense.

Last edited:
I hope people realize AD is a hell of a ST player. And I also think Meriweather would make a great gunner if we need the extra slot on the roster and need to PS Andrews.

Let's also not forget the return guys. Hobbs single handedly kept the team in the second half of the Colts game within reach with great KO returns. We've obviously also added Welker.

So long as Miller's all patched up and healed and so long as Gos doesn't suffer a sophomore slump, I agree that teams will be awsome this year, which in turn helps both the offense and defense.

And even if, God forbid, Gostkowski got injured, Welker's a pretty good kicker, too. :D

??? ANd Kyle Brady is getting paid $3.3M to do what exactly, if not to be the #3 TE. I would note that $2M is guaranteed.

I dont know BB would have let Graham walk if he didn't plan on Mills being a solid #3 TE and a role at FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes