PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So how's the schedule lookin' now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzafted

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Taking a look at the schedule, it's actually somewhat tough. Coming out of the bye we play San Francisco which we should (please god) win, and then there's a fairly brutal 8-game stretch. San Diego at home is winnable, but it will be tough. Sunday night revenge game. Then the next week Denver at home, which will probably be the biggest test of our secondary so far. Then St. Louis, which again should be a gimme game, followed by a trip to Indy that ironically looks like the most winnable, then a three-game division stretch that includes a trip to Miami after Buffalo and the Jets at home. To follow that up, a trip out to Pittsburgh for a heated rivalry game. The last four games are a little easier, although they are on the road twice in two weeks in the West Coast, and then at Buffalo.

The schedule looked easy on paper, but it's looking killer to me right this moment.

Oh PS anybody who boos the New England Patriots, GFY.

We play the Chargers in San Diego.

The schedule looks tougher because we just lost to Miami, therefore making every game on the schedule seem a little (or a lot) more difficult, whether that's accurate or not. Also, it seems tougher because we lost one of the games everyone penciled in as a win.

and pittsburgh is at home. funny you mention the schedule is tough/brutal/killer but think every game is winnable especially SF,SD,INDY and indy being most winnable. :)
and please no mention of gimme games -STL. We know what can happen.
i will be happy if they can stop gore and martz in SF and score a win first.

Last edited:
No game is a gimme IMO.

I think it looks close to the same. Some teams we thought were bad are better than we thought. Some teams that we thought were elite are far from it.

The Colts game looks a lot easier than it did before the season. So does the Charger game. San Fran may be tougher than we thought. And you can go down the list.

I still think it is a relatively easy schedule overall. It could get tougher as the year goes along.

Lets take it one game at a time....San Fran

Lets take it one game at a time....San Fran

and how.... although I think San Fran will be cake. That will be my first time seeing the pats somewhere other then Foxboro

I still think we beat SF due to the bye week, and the extra time to heal.
The SD game will be huge for SD. They will kick us while we're down. they will talk trash, and they will gloat at every possible opportunity. I don't think they'll give a rats arse that TfB is out. Btw, where's the media denouncing the running up the score against the Jests?
They will try and do that to the Pats, no doubt about it. If any game will about this teams' collective manhood and competitiveness, it's this one.

Denver has too many horse (pun intended) for this team to run with, unless we seem something drastic come out of the bye week. Say what you will about Denver's D, or the D's they've played, but we just gave up 38 to the Fins, and Denver has some big receivers to go against our little secondary.

STL is a must win, especially given the stretch the Pats are in. If Steven Jackson runs all over the Pats, it's time to face the possibility of missing the playoffs.

The Colts. By this game, our o-line could be healthy and able to take advantage of the Colt's D, or Sanders could be back and re-energize that unit for a push to the post season. Will our secondary be exposed?

4-4 looks very likely, but 5-3 will give us hope for the playoffs. Hopefully, take 2 out of 3 over the divisional stretch. Pretty tough to forecast as the first quarter of the season isn't over, and we don't know who will be progressing and who will be regressing yet. My gut tells me, Buffalo gets revenge, we sweep the Jets, then break even with the Dolphins.

Taking at least 1 out of 3 against the Colts, Chargers, and Broncos is huge imho.

I still think we beat SF due to the bye week, and the extra time to heal.
The SD game will be huge for SD. They will kick us while we're down. they will talk trash, and they will gloat at every possible opportunity. I don't think they'll give a rats arse that TfB is out. Btw, where's the media denouncing the running up the score against the Jests?
They will try and do that to the Pats, no doubt about it. If any game will about this teams' collective manhood and competitiveness, it's this one.

Denver has too many horse (pun intended) for this team to run with, unless we seem something drastic come out of the bye week. Say what you will about Denver's D, or the D's they've played, but we just gave up 38 to the Fins, and Denver has some big receivers to go against our little secondary.

STL is a must win, especially given the stretch the Pats are in. If Steven Jackson runs all over the Pats, it's time to face the possibility of missing the playoffs.

The Colts. By this game, our o-line could be healthy and able to take advantage of the Colt's D, or Sanders could be back and re-energize that unit for a push to the post season. Will our secondary be exposed?

4-4 looks very likely, but 5-3 will give us hope for the playoffs. Hopefully, take 2 out of 3 over the divisional stretch. Pretty tough to forecast as the first quarter of the season isn't over, and we don't know who will be progressing and who will be regressing yet. My gut tells me, Buffalo gets revenge, we sweep the Jets, then break even with the Dolphins.

Taking at least 1 out of 3 against the Colts, Chargers, and Broncos is huge imho.

How exactly did SD run up the score? Seriously, do you even know what that means? We didnt needlessly go for it on 4th down. Because a team continues to score, doesnt mean it's running up the score.

Colts - probably lose. Not enough firepower in Cassel's noodle arm to get in a shoot out

Broncos - see above.

Steelers - theyre a better all around team right now.

Bills x2 - Probably split the series 1-1

Cardinals - Tough game. They're one dimensional though.

Chargers - I dont see us winning this with Cassel at QB.

Raiders - could be a tough game, could go either way.

SanFran, St Louis, NY Jets... we should win those.

7-9 or 8-8 will be our record.

Week 2 the team played better than normal, using Bradys injury as motivation. I dont think the D will play that good every week

How exactly did SD run up the score? Seriously, do you even know what that means? We didnt needlessly go for it on 4th down. Because a team continues to score, doesnt mean it's running up the score.

I agree. In fact, I thought it was stupid NOT to go for it on 4th and 2 up by 16 with 2:15 left. Had you picked up the two yards there, instead of kicking a field goal, you take 3 knees and the game is over. By kicking it, you at least bring in the blocked FG TD into play. It worked out, but I thought it was unnecessary.

Lol, it didn't take long did it?
I for one, don't think running up the score exists at this level. I should have put apostrophes around that term. The Pats didn't do it last year, and SD didn't do it last night.

after the bye we will play @ SF and then @ SD

i would love a win against the 49ers before playing the Bolts that looks a tough game

let's see if the Pats will remain the whole week in the West Coast

I agree. In fact, I thought it was stupid NOT to go for it on 4th and 2 up by 16 with 2:15 left. Had you picked up the two yards there, instead of kicking a field goal, you take 3 knees and the game is over. By kicking it, you at least bring in the blocked FG TD into play. It worked out, but I thought it was unnecessary.

true but not a lot of teams and coaches take chances.they play conservative to make it a 3 score game and lament on missed FG or blocked kicks. they couldve just handed the ball off to sproles.
on the flip side if the pats were in the situation and tried to get a 1st down which could end in a TD then pats would be running up the score.:)

Last edited:

Let me get this straight. Kicking a field goal is a riskier play than going for it on 4th and 2 and risking a fumble and/or not converting? Huh.. Oh, and why would you not kick a FG?, thereby putting yourselves up 3 scores (19 points) versus possibly not getting the conversion, and the Jets score to put them within 1 score (8 points). Gee, kicking a FG sure was dumb. :rolleyes: If you're going to worry about blocked FG attempts, why even have a place kicker? That's why they're on the team.

Lol, it didn't take long did it?
I for one, don't think running up the score exists at this level. I should have put apostrophes around that term. The Pats didn't do it last year, and SD didn't do it last night.

Why does it matter what "level" it is? College...pro...it's the same game. And I couldnt disagree more. If youre up 49-0 and you go for it on 4th and 7 at your 30, youre trying to run up the score. Now, I realize there are a lot of gray areas, but it's definately there and it does exist, even in the NFL.

You'd love it if the Chargers were capable of "running up the score" week in and out. Love it. This is the pros. Boo hoo. See: Last Year.

Anyway, I shouldn't have suggested that the STL game is a "gimme" but on paper at least it looks like it should be a W. I think the first priority is obviously winning in San Francisco and then San Diego, both of which I think are possible. San Diego frankly didn't look that great to me, even last night. I think they benefited heavily from Favre's poor play. Their running game just isn't the same as it used to be; I actually fear Sproles more than LT. They are good defensively, but I think it'll be a close game either way. If they can manage to win those two games, they'll be 4-1 looking at a relatively difficult stretch, where they could go 3-3 and feasibly still win the division with a strong late-season push (which they've traditionally had). I think if they lose to SD and are 3-2 heading into games against DEN, IND, BUF, NYJ, MIA, and PIT, it's a bad situation. They'd likely have to win 4 of those games to contend for the division, especially if Buffalo keeps winning. I think the winner of the division this year is 11-5 or better.

You'd love it if the Chargers were capable of "running up the score" week in and out. Love it. This is the pros. Boo hoo. See: Last Year.
Anyway, I shouldn't have suggested that the STL game is a "gimme" but on paper at least it looks like it should be a W. I think the first priority is obviously winning in San Francisco and then San Diego, both of which I think are possible. San Diego frankly didn't look that great to me, even last night. I think they benefited heavily from Favre's poor play. Their running game just isn't the same as it used to be; I actually fear Sproles more than LT. They are good defensively, but I think it'll be a close game either way. If they can manage to win those two games, they'll be 4-1 looking at a relatively difficult stretch, where they could go 3-3 and feasibly still win the division with a strong late-season push (which they've traditionally had). I think if they lose to SD and are 3-2 heading into games against DEN, IND, BUF, NYJ, MIA, and PIT, it's a bad situation. They'd likely have to win 4 of those games to contend for the division, especially if Buffalo keeps winning. I think the winner of the division this year is 11-5 or better.

Boo-hoo.... It's called sportsmanship. Look it up. And Im not concerned with last year. Oh yeah, last year how did all those "run up" scores work out for ya? Didnt...mean....squat.

No game looks anything like a gimmie. SD's D is weak as hell, but our O is just so unproductive right now we're just what a struggling defense needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST