PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So...do the Colts and Pats even play this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Patriots could just get the competition committee to change the 'point of emphasis' on offensive line holding the way the Colts did for illegal contact, the Colts would be a .500 team or just above. Manning wilts under pressure.

I'm not sure I buy this wilting thing. Manning can get frustrated by direct pressure up-the-middle, I think because it disrupts the machine. This was especially true when Dallas Clark was a less capable player, or when he has been injured. But last year's playoff game against us showed me a lot--I mean, that game was over, and in past years we have seen Manning become more and more frustrated...but he brought them back. An incredible performance. Colts fans like to talk about it being a "meltdown", and so on, by the Pats...but that is missing the point entirely, I think. The remarkable thing was not that our defense tired and started sucking wind, being undermanned, sick (yes, I believe this), and forced to cover one of the finest offensive machines of the age; the remarkable thing was that the Colts exploded so quickly, because Manning regained (or kept) his composure. For me, the football played on either side of halftime showed us a mirror image--we took a huge lead before the half, Asante's interception absolutely devastating the Dome crowd, and yet the Colts came right back after the break. The credit has to go to Manning...game of his life? I think so, yes.

If we can get pressure on his receivers' routes this year, that will be the key...that, and I know that the middle of the field with AD will be a more dangerous zone.

Last edited:
My suggestion to Colts fans... take care of Denver first before you come here and talk your trash.
As the coach says we will make our statement on the field...:D :D :D

Are you kidding? No one will shut up about the game. I'm looking forward to it, but it isn't for, what, over a month?

It will be, and should be, the most hyped game of the year.

In the meantime we play Cincy, Cleveland, Dallas, Washington, and Miami. Not exactly right around the corner.

If the Cowboys keep playing well, that game will get a lot of hype as well. Especially the Romo/TO vs Brady/Moss match-up...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!??
:eek:

I never feel comfortable with the Pats lurking about. I have limited confidence in the Colts D and I don't think the offense is hitting on all cylinders. Be careful what you wish for Colts fans... I was at the AFCC game last year and it seems to me that we poked a hornets nest with that win. IMO the Pats have dedicated the offseason to making moves to smash any Colts opposition. I know this is narrow minded,shallow and over reaching but I feel as if the Pats specifically have had the Colts in mind and any thing short of a ring this year would be a massive failure. I am happy that NE is coming to town rather then the other way around though. It seems like for years ( Ever since 'McGinest '03)- [notice thats all I have to say and everyone knows what I am talking about-] All we did, year in and year out, was truck our asses to Gillette. So I am happy that NE has to come to town. I know the league makes the schedule but for me that's a huge victory. Short of that, I am as nervous as I was before any other NE/IND matchup. No swagger here....

How many of you are making the trek to the dome?

My suggestion to Colts fans... take care of Denver first before you come here and talk your trash.
As the coach says we will make our statement on the field...:D :D :D
Not sure who has "talked trash", but good point, take care of Denver first!

Not sure who has "talked trash", but good point, take care of Denver first!

Hmm, who's talking trash? Any of this look familiar?

Your FIRST POST in this thread:
HAHAHA!!!

Jets-Not worthy of the playoffs LAST YEAR, and won't sniff the POST SEASON this year.
Buffalo-Well, they're Buffalo
SD-Not even counted as a quality win! Only 3 games in, and they aren't considered "quality" at this point.

Your opponents 2-7 (none with a winning record)
Ours 4-5 (two with a winning record)

Your second post:
You guys are a bunch of trolls on your own board!

Third:
*South will end up with a better overall record than the East
*The Patriots are cheaters

Fifth:
At least our QB doesn't knock up ex-girlfriends and spawn illegitimate children like your QB Lady Brady.

Sixth:
Screw you and your spin machine!

Eighth:
LOL!!! Nice pics of those "Suites" at the Razor!!! LMAO!!!!

But hmm, no trash here, nope.

Hmm, who's talking trash? Any of this look familiar?

Your FIRST POST in this thread:

Your second post:

Third:

Fifth:

Sixth:

Eighth:

But hmm, no trash here, nope.

I'm flattered you took the time. Could you go back and print the posts my comments were in response to? Thanks, Bra.

You mean, do your job for you? I suppose you'll ask me to wash your hair and change your diaper next?

Yep. Lose on facts, start hurling ad hominems...the Way of the Troll™.

Again another troll post.
So, I say not sure who is trash talking, a poster comes back with copies of a bunch of my posts, which appear to be trash talking, I ask to PLEASE INCLUDE the POST that I was responding to, but no, that's MY JOB??

B.S., the listing of my posts WITH NO CONTEXT is a SPIN JOB.

As a prosecutor, is it my job to produce evidence for the defense? Heck no, that's the defense's job.

You feigned ignorance about trash-talking. The facts showed you did it yourself, in this very thread. Whether someone else did it too, or stole your milk, or burned down your house etc. is irrelevant. You were caught being a hypocrite and a liar - stop crying and deal with it.

You might have more credibility regarding "spin" if you didn't spew so much substance-free, ad hominem drivel yourself.

As a prosecutor, is it my job to produce evidence for the defense? Heck no, that's the defense's job.

You feigned ignorance about trash-talking. The facts showed you did it yourself, in this very thread. Whether someone else did it too, or stole your milk, or burned down your house etc. is irrelevant. You were caught being a hypocrite and a liar - stop crying and deal with it.

You might have more credibility regarding "spin" if you didn't spew so much substance-free, ad hominem drivel yourself.

OKAY FOLKS, ANY TRASH TALKING I SUPPOSEDLY DID WAS IN RESPONSE TO TRASH TALKERS!! PAY NO ATTENTION TO ELVIS!

Thanks

The Colts Defense is significantly upgraded by the way, if you haven't been watching the games

allowing 20 points in 2 different games, against the TEXANS without their #1 receiver, and against the Titans, who "Oh My God! Vince Young is soooo good!!!"
12 TDs and 13 interceptions aren't spectacular numbers. It wasn't garbage time points either, they kept the games close.

allowing 20 points in 2 different games, against the TEXANS without their #1 receiver, and against the Titans, who "Oh My God! Vince Young is soooo good!!!"
12 TDs and 13 interceptions aren't spectacular numbers. It wasn't garbage time points either, they kept the games close.

I DO agree, our Special teams suck! Truely the D gave up 17 versus Texans. I was no so upset though. Texans had a L-O-N-G drive in the fourth that ate up eight minutes. Colts gave them the short stuff, and they had a nice 4th down conversion in that drive. We scored on six possessions. All we have to do is shore up ST's. If we hold every opponent to 20 points this season, we win 14 games at least.

Titans got a TD on a short field when PI was NOT called on a clear infraction. Fact is, these close games are great tests of character. We had some close ones last season leading up to the AFCCG, remember how Colts performed in those final minutes? I am excited about this team, and certainly you have reason to be giddy about yours.

The Titans play the Colts twice a year and have played them better than even your Patriots the last two games in their last two meetings (they won one of theirs) Stopping Vince young is no small task as you can see and the Colts Defense did a pretty good job considering the Titans ran for almost 300 yards against the Jaguars the week before, the big BAD JAGS defense ya know?

Shaub played pretty good but he got lots of garbage time stats when his team was down 2 plus TD's later in the game.They were up on the texans and they knew that letting them throw for garbage yards and take up time wouldn't hurt. You know kinda how Grossman had a better completion percentage than Manning in the SB?? Short 4th quarter throws because your team is behind. That being said the Colts Defense is ranked number 5 in overall yards allowed. Not bad for a team that was one of the worst run D's of all time at a point last year eh??

If the Patriots could just get the competition committee to change the 'point of emphasis' on offensive line holding the way the Colts did for illegal contact, the Colts would be a .500 team or just above. Manning wilts under pressure.

Ahh, yes, ole faithful erupts again. When bereft of anything meaningful or factual to add, refer to the old "Colt's own the competition committee" rhetoric. Nevermind the FACT that it has NO factual basis in any world outside pats fans world and would, in FACT, be impossible to accomplish. Hey, it sounds good, darnit.:D

Pathetic.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft