PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver linings

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Silver linings

After reading Ians new post i thought it would be a good idea to post some silver linings after Monday's game.

- Brandon LaFell showed a lot of heart, he had a few good catches and is starting to show some spark. Moving forward i hope our receivers are JE/Dobson/thompkins/Lafell. a combination of those three. Amendola just can't get open, and the only time he does its because someone somewhere held, LaFell stepping up is the first step to this offense turning it around.

- Brady was reportedly pissed after JAG went into the game and led a td drive on his first try. GOOD, brady has been acting very Eeyore lately, a little fire might be just what he needs.

- Riddley didn't fumble!

- JAG now has more throws, and TD's then our last back up had in 3+ years.

- JAG's throws were accurate and fast. His reads were good. If Brady does go down with an injury, JAG should be able to step in and play as good as Cassel did in '08

- We only had to play the Chiefs once, and this means if we play them again our equipment manager can outfit the players with proper shoes. They slipped way to much.

- No real special teams disasters this week.

- The Dolphins are one bad game away from benching their QB.

- The Jets are one bad game away from a good coach benching their QB.

- The Bills just benched their QB.

the AFC is soft so the patriots are never going to be truely out of it this year, and once you hit the playoffs anything can happen(see the giants '07/'11)

The O-line played much better, not great but better. Stork played okay.

It's just football, It's not like the pats are about to trade their entire starting rotation.

I'l add some other Silver Lineings.

All the Offensive linemen have now played some snaps at their putative positions.

Both rookies linemen have now started and played their first game in the NFL.

Stork appear to have already won the starting position at Center, after only four games.

Fleming played the entire game at RG and the results weren't great, but nor were they dismal.

Cannon played 20 snaps in relief of both Vollmer at RT and Solder at LT, and did OK. He now has experience in both positions. I like that Belichick seemingly went out of his way to rebuild his confidence.

Connolly has refreshed his memory of playing LG from three years ago.

I said it somewhere else already but I think that Gronk overcame another psychological barrier in his recovery by beasting through 4 defenders for that garbage time TD. This play was the first time he looked like the same player again.

Of course this isn't a lightswitch and he will suddenly be so much better, but getting some confidence about your body is a big part of an ACL recovery.

Wow...a silver lining thread after that game

Even if the pats do wind up sucking, football is still awesome and let's me spend time with my friends while drinking beer and grilling meat

and 4 games have now been played which means we get back Browner, who should add some much needed piss and vinegar to our D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3