PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI.com: What Would Belichick Do (vs falcons) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still looking into it. What I have at this point is get the F back and make them drive the field without big plays. Go all in on the bend don't break and try not to break you don't need to hold them to no points every time. Just keep it below 30 and make them work for their points with no free big chunks of yardage. Do that and your O will out score them in the end.

Which is why it’s worth emphasizing again: In man coverage, the Patriots need to be physical. Even if that means tempting the flags to come out.

Oh, I think it is safe to assume that.

"We physical. They finesse!"

Run the ball and take away their passing game

Julio is fragile. Hit him on every play and see how he handles it.

Would bill go as far as to give him tony Gonzalez treatment?

Would bill go as far as to give him tony Gonzalez treatment?

Doubt it. Julio had 7 100+ yard games in the regular season. They were 3-4 in those games.

They will keep a safety over the top of him, but Gabriel, hooper and sanu are equally important.

It is an interesting thought to take advantage of the referee/SB situation. I fully agree that the Pats should work to disrupt the timing of receivers. Getting handsy and testing the refs willingness to repeatedly throw flags is a good idea. Of course on the flip side I don't want to see egregious penalties on third and long or a PI on a deep ball.

Still looking into it. What I have at this point is get the F back and make them drive the field without big plays. Go all in on the bend don't break and try not to break you don't need to hold them to no points every time. Just keep it below 30 and make them work for their points with no free big chunks of yardage. Do that and your O will out score them in the end.
I'm thinking the exact opposite. All out aggressive. Bring pressure, mix up looks, get after them. Either force mistakes/turnovers or give up chunk yards, scoring drives that don't take much time. Do not let them have a couple of 9-10 minute drives that completely gas the D and keep the O out of rhythm.

It is an interesting thought to take advantage of the referee/SB situation. I fully agree that the Pats should work to disrupt the timing of receivers. Getting handsy and testing the refs willingness to repeatedly throw flags is a good idea. Of course on the flip side I don't want to see egregious penalties on third and long or a PI on a deep ball.

Do a good enough job of holding and initiating some illegal contact and you won't need to risk PI. Bad penalties, but no 50-yard ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes