PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: It's the best weekend of the year!

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
College football kicks off today and the NFL is on the horizon. This is the best opening weekend in some time in college, IMO. The Gators and Wolverines play at 3:30 in Dallas, Alabama and Florida State clash tonight, and WVU and VT play tomorrow night. What games and players do you have your eye on? Players I'll be watching are Filipe Franks in his first start, Saquon Barkley (probably one of the most electrifying players in the NCAA), and Derwin James.

Last edited:
I'm travelling from Australia for the Pats home opener so I decided to stop in Dallas for the Michigan vs Florida game. My goodness AT&T stadium is impressive. I can't wait for my first college game on US soil. Hopefully it's more competitive than the Stanford vs Rice game they played in Australia last week.

I'm travelling from Australia for the Pats home opener so I decided to stop in Dallas for the Michigan vs Florida game. My goodness AT&T stadium is impressive. I can't wait for my first college game on US soil. Hopefully it's more competitive than the Stanford vs Rice game they played in Australia last week.
Depends on how Franks plays. He was the top recruited QB in the nation when he committed to Florida, but he's playing with basically a shadow of a roster as they have a ton of players suspended for the game. Gators still have an excellent defense, though, that can keep the game close. Plus Michigan is only returning five starters this year. Should be a pretty physical affair. That FSU/Bama game is going to be something else.

Alabama.

I'm looking to see how QB Jalen Hurts continues his development. He was a true freshman when he started for Alabama and led them to the national title game. Kid has talent and football smarts and doesn't make many mistakes.

Also WR Calvin Ridley. and DB Minkah Fitzpatrick. They looked good in camp, and I want to see how much better they are this year.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back