PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Hard Knocks watch

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hard Knocks, aka the training camp show most teams don't want to be on, has rules about who can be forced to appear if no one volunteers. Teams can exempt themselves in one of three ways:
  • They've been on the show in the last 10 years;
  • They've made the playoffs in either of the last two seasons; or
  • They have a first-year head coach.
Interestingly enough, the first two criteria—and including only the 2020 season for the second one—brings us down to just 11 10 teams. Teams on this list can get off it by either making the playoffs or by firing their head coach.
  • Arizona
  • Carolina
  • Denver
  • Detroit
  • Jacksonville [fired 12/15]
  • Minnesota
  • New England [!]
  • New York Giants
  • New York JEST
  • Philadelphia
  • San Francisco

Last edited:
And just hours after I post this, the Jaguars have fired Urban Meyer, so we're down to 10 teams.
  • Arizona
  • Carolina
  • Denver
  • Detroit
  • Jacksonville
  • Minnesota
  • New England [!]
  • New York Giants
  • New York JEST
  • Philadelphia
  • San Francisco

New England, Arizona and one of Minnesota, 49ers or Philly will eliminate themselves by getting to the playoffs this year. And i think the Giants and Denver will be getting new Headcoaches. If Minnesota doesn't get to the playoffs, Zimmer could be out as well.

Hard Knocks, aka the training camp show most teams don't want to be on, has rules about who can be forced to appear if no one volunteers. Teams can exempt themselves in one of three ways:
  • They've been on the show in the last 10 years;
  • They've made the playoffs in either of the last two seasons; or
  • They have a first-year head coach.
Interestingly enough, the first two criteria—and including only the 2020 season for the second one—brings us down to just 11 10 teams. Teams on this list can get off it by either making the playoffs or by firing their head coach.
  • Arizona
  • Carolina
  • Denver
  • Detroit
  • Minnesota
  • New England [!]
  • New York Giants
  • New York JEST
  • Philadelphia
  • San Francisco

Now we know why BB is so hellbent on making the playoffs every year.

I can’t imagine Belichick’s reaction, scorn, and behavior if the Patriots were forced to be on the show. Or maybe it would be fun to imagine how he would respond.

I'm feeling Detroit.

I can’t imagine Belichick’s reaction, scorn, and behavior if the Patriots were forced to be on the show. Or maybe it would be fun to imagine how he would respond.

I'm envisioning 50 or so "Knock Camera" zones ... each 3'x3', and none within 200' (obstructed) feet of anything worth filming. RK can get his liability insurance firm to add this requirement for justification.

Oh - the zones need to have 3 walls but no roof, you know, for reasons.

Funny thing is Belichick has a lot of respect for NFL Films. Remember he let them follow him around for an entire season.

Not saying Id like it...
But Id watch a patriots hard knocks like a mad man...

I know I shouldn't admit this but...after watching the Hard knocks episodes thus far with the Colts...outside of their duechy owner, they are a very likeable team. They seem to be good humans, at least who they have showcased. Family oriented guys. Frank's a likeable dude and they play hard for him. And Jonathan Taylor is impressive both on and off the field. They are a scrappy bunch that don't quit.

Should be a good game Saturday night.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Aside from us Patsfans and a few others out there, I’m sure a Patriots hard knocks would be the most uneventful, boring **** they had ever watched.

And then there were seven.
  • Arizona [in]
  • Carolina
  • Denver
  • Detroit
  • Minnesota
  • New England [in]
  • New York Giants
  • New York JEST
  • Philadelphia [in]
  • San Francisco