PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Doug Kyed let go by PFF

Disappointed no one said, "Just Kyedding!"

Sorry to hear about that. He is one of my "boys" and is very good at what he does. Plus, he is a very sweet and nice guy!!!

Think he could come back to the Pats beat?

Saw that a few days ago...so frustrating because he was one of the good ones. Even more aggravating because made a big leap of faith leaving NESN for that gig. Although I get it...things online are the worst they've been in the 20+ years I've been doing this and they're about to plummet the first of the year, so I'm sure that played a role. :(

Last edited:
Awful. He has 2 little kids.

It's a cruel world out there.

I like to think he'll be back on someone's payroll very soon. He does quality work and seems to have a good network. But no doubt, layoffs are a stress I don't wish on anyone.

I like to think he'll be back on someone's payroll very soon. He does quality work and seems to have a good network. But no doubt, layoffs are a stress I don't wish on anyone.
Hes great. Drop him back on NESN and he'd be an upgrade over Cox and that other doofus.

Hes great. Drop him back on NESN and he'd be an upgrade over Cox and that other doofus.
Lol RW. I actually like Cox as well, he's another great guy, but agree that Doug would be great back at NESN.

Lol RW. I actually like Cox as well, he's another great guy, but agree that Doug would be great back at NESN.
Cox is OK but Kyed has a little more depth to him and he's 1000% times more entertaining to read. While informative, his mailbags were so much better than Cox's.

Can he block? :haha:

I thought it was a mistake for him to leave NESN for PFF. I thought he was very good at NESN. I hope (and I’m sure he will) he covers the Patriots again.

I'm sure somewhere in New England would take him, hopefully the salary is enough to make ends meet for whatever lifestyle he has now.

I knew something was up with how much you were spamming their tweets here. You trying to get on a podcast bc no one ever said Cox is great lol? Some of those tweets are captain obvious awful Ashley.

How many of their DM you slide in?

Not going to go too deep into it, but you often hear people talk about following dreams, etc. While it’s much less sexy, there is something to be said for stability and the ability to earn a decent wage. Many jobs won’t offer you the stars, you know going in that you won’t be a millionaire. But you also might have a high floor and the knowledge you are likely to live comfortably w/o the stresses associated with certain risks.

I hope things work out for him. It is a rough world out there for media, in general, unless you are a mega star. And even then… Even locally, I’d be curious to see how many make the kinda $$$ D & C were hauling in 15 years ago…

Not going to go too deep into it, but you often hear people talk about following dreams, etc. While it’s much less sexy, there is something to be said for stability and the ability to earn a decent wage. Many jobs won’t offer you the stars, you know going in that you won’t be a millionaire. But you also might have a high floor and the knowledge you are likely to live comfortably w/o the stresses associated with certain risks.

I hope things work out for him. It is a rough world out there for media, in general, unless you are a mega star. And even then… Even locally, I’d be curious to see how many make the kinda $$$ D & C were hauling in 15 years ago…
You aren't wrong. The kinda risks you refer to are acceptable for someone his age and at the state of his career. He has plenty of time to recover.

Personally I thought he should have stayed at NESN. He needed to continue down the path of being more versatile in both print and media. Instead he went down the subscription path. Too much free content out there.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back