PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Season predictions by the rocket scientists at BSPN

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So this is the time of year when everyone and their sibling makes a prediction and some do it for the entire league and every team. To determine how seriously I should take it, I add up every teams wins and losses. If they can't make sure they equal each other ( 256 total) it means they really didn't think things through. Sometimes it might be off by one or two and it's not a big deal...

BSPN made theirs and it looked "off"..as in they have way too many teams over .500 and a total of 277 wins and 235 losses.... They are off by 21 total wins...... Normally I would be shocked that it slipped through the editors and nobody caught it.. but then I realized the source......

Disclaimer- link is to BSPN-

NFL Nation: Game-by-game predictions -- all 256! -- for every team

Uhh..

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 17, at New Orleans Saints, 1 p.m.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Patriots' defense has some early struggles this season, and facing a Drew Brees-led passing game on the road is a tougher test than it seems. The Patriots were blown out in New Orleans in 2009, and while this game should be closer, I think it's arguably one of the Patriots' most challenging of the season. Bill Belichick is usually still tweaking the roster at this time as September is essentially an extension of the preseason. Record: 1-1.

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 17, vs. New England Patriots, 1 p.m. ET

Another big-time reunion game, with the Saints facing receiver Brandin Cooksafter trading him to New England. New Orleans' young secondary will have to develop quickly to handle Tom Brady and the Patriots' loaded offense. There has been a lot of talk about the Pats going 19-0 this season. Their chase won't end this early -- especially with the Saints operating on such a short week. Record: 0-2

They have those paragraph-long descriptions of the games and somehow don't really mention anything about playing football.

Sure, the Saints may drop 30 on us. I think the bigger issue is whether they can stop us from dropping 40 on them. It'll be a fun game, and they can drop 4-5 touchdowns on anyone, but I trust our defense to get stops a lot more than I think anyone trusts theirs.

Fun fact: here are the players that scored in the 2009 game that ESPN seems to think is relevant for some reason: Laurence Maroney, Pierre Thomas, Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem, Laurence Maroney again, Darnell Dinkins, Marques Colston. As far as I can tell, those six guys have exactly two things in common: 1) they scored in this game, and 2) they no longer play in the NFL. How can a game be worth bringing up as a comp when every player who scored a touchdown is out of the league?

Hey! That is the sound coming from any of their on air "talent" when I channel surf past them to watch Premier Football or Hockey on NBC Sports. It's like white noise.

That's freaking priceless.

It's stated that the prediction comes from each team's local writer.

Therefore, wins and loss don't have to equal.

That said, I wonder how Pittsburgh will handle the pressure of being the "Great White Hope" this year.

I've seen 4 articles lamenting a lost Super Bowl in 2015 because of the Burfit hit. Maybe not having Brown cost them in Denver.

What's overlooked is that it was the hit that drew the penalty to get them to FG to prevent them from losing the game.

Their articles are almost like the automated blurbs my fantasy baseball league puts out every monday...grab team name, grab player than underperformed / overperformed, rationalize that being the reason for the outcome.....

Well they do have the jests going 3-13, that should be pretty spot on.

Doesn't matter. Just heard Trollin on 98.5 saying the Pats are screwed now that Edelman went down. They will have a hard time winning and now aren't the big favorite they may have been before. So, call it a season...it's over.

Doesn't matter. Just heard Trollin on 98.5 saying the Pats are screwed now that Edelman went down. They will have a hard time winning and now aren't the big favorite they may have been before. So, call it a season...it's over.
Damn, going to save a lot of money now that I won't be buying salsa and chips!

Maybe 98.5 needs to work for BSPN.

It's a never ending source of amazement that a radio station can say that knowing Gronk is back in the fold.

Terrible link. Do not click.

The high journalistic and editing standards that are characteristic of HSPN are once again on display.

And, many thanks for enabling me not to have to click the link.

...the Pats are screwed now that Edelman went down. They will have a hard time winning and now aren't the big favorite they may have been before. So, call it a season...it's over.

With just a little editing, this would read like a post from the first Game Day Thread...

[PS: Viper clearly didn't intend it that way!]

They have those paragraph-long descriptions of the games and somehow don't really mention anything about playing football.

Yeah check this out. Apparently we lose this primtetime game to the Dolphins because........... we play them twice in three weeks............ so?!?!

Week 14: Monday, Dec. 11, at Miami Dolphins, 8:30 p.m. ET

It is a bit unusual to play a team twice in a span of three weeks in the regular season. How unusual? It has happened only once before for the Patriots in the Belichick era: his first season, in 2000, when the Patriots hosted the Colts on Oct. 8 (win), then visited them on Oct. 22 (loss). In 2001, the Patriots and Colts (who at the time were AFC East rivals before realignment moved Indianapolis to the AFC South in 2002) had a three-week split between meetings. Record:10-3

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back