PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Thornton Appreciation Thread

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Sad day today in Bruins land ... I respect the decision ... but it still sucks.
The NHL is becoming a league where 4 lines not 3 are what is needed so that the team will always have a strong 3. The AHL is a world away from the NHL ... this playoffs proved that.

300thorntoncooke.jpg
thornton-cooke-fight.jpg

http://bostonherald.com/sports/brui...hawn_thornton_calls_time_in_boston_tremendous

“Everything about my time in Boston was tremendous,” said Thornton. “From the way the team accepted me to the way I was embraced by the city, everything was great. When you play the role that I play, it's pretty rare to be able to do it for seven years in one place. It's really not that common anymore and I appreciate that fact. I've always said that Boston is now home, and it is. I'll be back here. No question about it.”

this really suks. I hate to see him go. i for one hope hes the last player that leaves this year. i think they have a excellent team that can beat anybody. people can over react when a team loses. having a longer off season should help the guys recharge.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/06/...eturn-to-bruins-according-to-peter-chiarelli/

The article was good and Charelli handled it with class.
Basically if you're a playoff bound team having a fighter as one of you're players is not needed.
I guess the cap is tight ... I still don't know why they can't carry him for the season and undress him for the playoff roster. In any case even Thornton said 7 years is a long time for a player like him to be on a roster and he wants to play 2 more years and then he'll return to boston to live for good.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back