Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Will miss the first 4 games...but still

Mark OckerbloomFox25 ‏@ocktalks 8m

A source tells me Seattle free agent CB Brandon Browner is in town for a visit with the @Patriots tomorrow. #fox25

That would be a GREAT pickup, especially with Revis on board. Not a high priced signing, and he would provide great depth as a big outside CB, and potentially a starting SS opposite McCourty.

Revis-Dennard-Ryan at CB with McCourty-Browner at safety would be darn good. And Wesley Woodyard would make a darn nice coverage LB in sub packages.

Jason La Canfora says that he has 3 visits lined up, FWIW.

That would be a GREAT pickup, especially with Revis on board. Not a high priced signing, and he would provide great depth as a big outside CB, and potentially a starting SS opposite McCourty.

Revis-Dennard-Ryan at CB with McCourty-Browner at safety would be darn good. And Wesley Woodyard would make a darn nice coverage LB in sub packages.

Browner playing more of a SS role would suit his skill set better than being left to freelance. Interesting visit nonetheless.

I have no idea what he would cost with him being a huge suspension risk for the rest of his career...hopefully cheap.

They have 5 mill to spend now but seems like more moves will be made soon for more space

I suspect it will be like woodyard and he will make his other visits..unless they really want him. I though Woodyard would leave with a deal

I'd love to add Browner. I'm higher on Harmon than most, but the the Pats don't have a safety to play man coverage on tight ends, assuming McCourty back deep. At 6'4", 221 with the man coverage skills to play CB but not quite ideal speed, Browner would fit very nicely. He could also play CB I'm sure, but the Pats seem to be doing alright there.

Very pro-Browner. We need more nasty, with Revis on board thats 2 vets that take zero shyt.

Yes! Sign him and I will be in a good place as far as the secondary is concerned.

Sign him, BB.

Is BB reading PatsFans now?

After watching this highlight video.. I would tend to agree with you in terms of your assessment of Browner as SS.

Ultimate Brandon Browner Highlights - YouTube

I'd love to add Browner. I'm higher on Harmon than most, but the the Pats don't have a safety to play man coverage on tight ends, assuming McCourty back deep. At 6'4", 221 with the man coverage skills to play CB but not quite ideal speed, Browner would fit very nicely. He could also play CB I'm sure, but the Pats seem to be doing alright there.

I have a feeling Collins will do well there. He beasted the kid from the colts and if I recall correctly, Julius Thomas was MIA in the AFCCG. I want Browner for the crunches and the swag. :rocker:

Browner out first 4 games. And then in terms on contract he his going to not be paid first 8 games. Keep that in mind in terms of contract

Why would he be relatively cheap? Just curious. And what was his suspension for? Peds? And next time it's a year or life?

Hmmm...

I really like the idea of him as a CB/SS

Browner out first 4 games. And then in terms on contract he his going to not be paid first 8 games. Keep that in mind in terms of contract

Why would he not be paid for first 8 weeks?:confused:

I have a feeling Collins will do well there. He beasted the kid from the colts and if I recall correctly, Julius Thomas was MIA in the AFCCG. I want Browner for the crunches and the swag. :rocker:
Yeah, I think Collins has a really bright future, and I'd love for it to come as more than a TE cover guy. If adding Browner does nothing more than free up Collins to blitz more, then I'm all for it.

Why would he not be paid for first 8 weeks?:confused:

Four game suspension plus an additional fine of his next four paychecks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes