PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Paul Perkins, RB

Good stuff, mwpf

Been looking a bit at some mid/late round guys: Matt Breida and Kareem Hunt.

Also, if you were to look more at TE's: Nick Vannett

Thanks for these scouting reports, they're much appreciated. You do some stellar work.

A couple of rbs that intrigue me are CJ Procise and Jonathan Williams. Any thoughts?

Good stuff, mwpf

Been looking a bit at some mid/late round guys: Matt Breida and Kareem Hunt.

Also, if you were to look more at TE's: Nick Vannett

I like Matt Breida. Undersized though.

You're right, manx. He is definitely undersized. There is just something about him that I find intriguing.

Thanks for these scouting reports, they're much appreciated. You do some stellar work.

A couple of rbs that intrigue me are CJ Procise and Jonathan Williams. Any thoughts?
Big fan of one, not so much the other. I will keep you in suspense for now.

Big fan of one, not so much the other. I will keep you in suspense for now.

I'd hazard a guess that you're a fan of Williams, not so much Prosise? Which is totally understandable.

I just find Prosise intriguing because for all intents and purposes he's been a RB for 1 year. He's been a safety, a WR and pretty much a jack of all trades (master of none?). But he put up very impressive numbers as a RB. Seems very raw still and with a lot to learn, dances a bit too much and seems to be distracted by potential contact. But his versatility just screams Patriot to me.

The good thing about both him and Williams (despite his injury) is that there is an awful lot of tread left on the tyres as neither were flogged workhorses.

But I'm super naive at this scouting mularkey, so I'd be very interested to hear yours, and others, thoughts.

I'd hazard a guess that you're a fan of Williams, not so much Prosise? Which is totally understandable.

I just find Prosise intriguing because for all intents and purposes he's been a RB for 1 year. He's been a safety, a WR and pretty much a jack of all trades (master of none?). But he put up very impressive numbers as a RB. Seems very raw still and with a lot to learn, dances a bit too much and seems to be distracted by potential contact. But his versatility just screams Patriot to me.

The good thing about both him and Williams (despite his injury) is that there is an awful lot of tread left on the tyres as neither were flogged workhorses.

But I'm super naive at this scouting mularkey, so I'd be very interested to hear yours, and others, thoughts.
Actually, I have yet to do a lot of work on Prosise. My limited view didn't do much for me, but I do need to give him the benefit of the doubt. Williams has his worts too beyond the injury, but his value seems to be really good for the talent he showed. Medical will be huge for him.

You're right, manx. He is definitely undersized. There is just something about him that I find intriguing.
I find myself always gravitating towards these undersized athletic guys.

Bb seems to be gravitating toward taking the most athletic guys he can.

Bb seems to be gravitating toward taking the most athletic guys he can.

I don't think Perkins is going to fit that mold, though. For a guy that's lacking pure, top-end speed, he runs east to west far too often.

I don't think Perkins is going to fit that mold, though. For a guy that's lacking pure, top-end speed, he runs east to west far too often.
Yup, day 3 guy for me and would maybe pass on him to grab a better fit later in the draft.

Some of his time reminds of Thurman Thomas a bit. The smoothness to his cuts, I think, is what caught my eye.

Perkins has the agility to get out of tight spots and definitely intrigues me. His 3-cone looks pretty good on film and he seems to get defenders to slide off him. He is willing pass protector as well with a pretty good fumble rate.

Perkins seems like a mid-round pick to me. Not unlike Stevan Ridley, actually. It's 50-50 whether his abilities translate to the pros.

Has anyone else been watching Josh Rosen much? LA native, went to UCLA, top rated QB in his recruiting class as a pocket passer, started from Day 1 for Jim Mora as a freshman.

Prototypical size/build at 6'4 and 210 lbs.

2015: 292/487 attempts (60.0% accuracy), 3670 yards, 23 TDs, 11 INTs, 8-5 wins record

It'll be interesting to see whether we're all talking about him in 3 years time :)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back