PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Kyle Murphy, OT

I am all for taking an OT. I just wanted to point out Flemming has done pretty well so far in his limited snaps and the Pats seem to really like Cannon.

If they draft an OT it would probably knock one of those guys off. I think they probably should just cause of projected lack of needs and the importance of the position but so far the backups have been okay.

Kyle Murphy did instantly jump out to me though cause he is the prototype the Patriots like to look for in OTs (though they usually like 20 more pounds)

With Murphy, I think he would need some time to develop before a team could ask him to come in and start. Like you said Bob, he needs to add some weight to that frame of his. Volmer is not getting any younger and with Solder's injury and inconsistent play, a developmental player might be a good long term investment. Flemming has held his own (tonight will be a big test) but Brady does help that as well. You can never have too many good Tackles I say.

I absolutely love this kid. Technique is good, athletism is a bit weak. Strength needs work.

This kid is already better than cannon.

Murphy has a lot to gain - like Joe Haeg & LaRaven Clark, among others - by performing well at the
combine, pro day & workouts. The Pats will, or should, be looking very closely at left-side OLmen and
at OTs who can produce from both the right & left sides. Spencer Drango's name can be added to that
list of candidates as well.

Wasn't impressed by his tape. Right size, right school but meh on everything else.

Murphy has a lot to gain - like Joe Haeg & LaRaven Clark, among others - by performing well at the
combine, pro day & workouts. The Pats will, or should, be looking very closely at left-side OLmen and
at OTs who can produce from both the right & left sides. Spencer Drango's name can be added to that
list of candidates as well.
Drango does nothing for me either. His body type says he should move to guard, but he doesn't anchor well at all and I think would get pushed around inside.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back