PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Keyarris Garrett, WR

They've worked him out. Color me intrigued.

He would be that big bodied receiver who can get down field. Not a player they have on the team currently.

midwestpatsfan because of our complex Offense I have issues with WR's who have a limited route tree. I love young WR's who are somewwhat accomplished in that area. One reason why I am not intrigued with Pharoh Cooper is for that very reason ofcourse thats just me.

Patriots are meeting with Kolby Listenbee. I saw it on BleacherReport. He told announced at his Proday along with two other teams. I looked on couple draft sites and he's 4th thru 6th rounds according to the sites. Seen a few things on him being a " Hidden Diamond In Rough "..

Patriots are meeting with Kolby Listenbee. I saw it on BleacherReport. He told announced at his Proday along with two other teams. I looked on couple draft sites and he's 4th thru 6th rounds according to the sites. Seen a few things on him being a " Hidden Diamond In Rough "..

Very fast but a limited route tree. Has problems with drops. Has some day three upside, but puts me in mind of a smaller Josh Boyce.

I thought to myself after seen the Diamond in Rough thing and about possible " Draft Steal " not for the Patriots because of our history/track record with Wideouts and the topper he's TCU system " Airraid/Spread " offense guy plus we already got BURNED/SCREWED few year's ago on Josh Boyce a TCU product!.. Hopefully we leave that alone with the red flags already being there off the get go!!..

Patriots Offene need a WR who can run 9 and go routes yes a Mike Wallace type Kolby Listenbee ypc is very impressive. Those comp Sixes should come in handy Lets just hope BB doesn't take him earlier than the 5th or 6th.

I just posted in another thread about BB boneheaded move last yr by taking J.Richards last yr in the 2ND ROUND!!.. Man that still PISSES ME OFF!!..

I thought to myself after seen the Diamond in Rough thing and about possible " Draft Steal " not for the Patriots because of our history/track record with Wideouts and the topper he's TCU system " Airraid/Spread " offense guy plus we already got BURNED/SCREWED few year's ago on Josh Boyce a TCU product!.. Hopefully we leave that alone with the red flags already being there off the get go!!..

Clarke I cannot say how much time I have been soured by such a thought just because we got burned by the School at a particular position I become leery from then on. I have been burned by such a bias too many times and have learned no two player are exactly the same. Boyce had speed and some ability but he just couldn't get the mental a part down. TCU have two really nice WR's in this Draft one who's a possible First Rouder in Josh Doctson and a Day 3 possible 2 in Kolby Listenbee. IF we can somehow maximize what Listenbee does best we could get a ok player with some up-side for nothing. Imagine this Offense with a WR who can clear it out for Gronk and Edelman and also beat the D from time to time...I can dream can't I.:cool:

I just posted in another thread about BB boneheaded move last yr by taking J.Richards last yr in the 2ND ROUND!!.. Man that still PISSES ME OFF!!..

Don't get me started.:mad:

I keep coming back to Garrett. He doesn't fit any of our profiles, but he's so productive and makes great catches. I think of him like Colston or Fitzgerald more than Moss. I'd love to see what Brady could do with him in our system.

EDIT: Watch some college footage of Fitzgerald, and then watch Garrett. Same body type. Same number. Same hands. Similar movement on the field. The difference is that Larry went 3rd overall, while Garrett may be available in the 3rd round. Of course, much of that is due to the difference in level of competition, but Garrett still produced well against ranked teams this year, and his overall numbers are excellent: 219 career receptions for 3209 yards. Intriguing.

Last edited:
Clarke I cannot say how much time I have been soured by such a thought just because we got burned by the School at a particular position I become leery from then on. I have been burned by such a bias too many times and have learned no two player are exactly the same. Boyce had speed and some ability but he just couldn't get the mental a part down. TCU have two really nice WR's in this Draft one who's a possible First Rouder in Josh Doctson and a Day 3 possible 2 in Kolby Listenbee. IF we can somehow maximize what Listenbee does best we could get a ok player with some up-side for nothing. Imagine this Offense with a WR who can clear it out for Gronk and Edelman and also beat the D from time to time...I can dream can't I.:cool:

It is worth noting that Listenbee ran a 4.35 at the combine with a double hernia. I wonder what he might have run if he'd been fully healthy - he was talked about as the fastest player inCFB before this season.

There should be WRs available at the end of the 3rd round whom I would prefer ahead of Garrett.

Yeah this guy in the 3rd wouldn't get me too upset.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back