SBB's 8/6 AM session

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Shorts this morning.

No brace on Brady's knee for real this time!!!!!

I was hoping to see some players return after BBs comments ("relatively close") but instead there were more missing (likely just vet time off). No Orhenberger who I believe just returned yesterday.

I thought the most interesting things today came from the coach. Watching BB fire the oversized medicine ball at his QBs was interesting. (brady didn't take part in this).
But even more interesting was a drill in which a ball was punted and the players had to block it and than scramble to get the loose ball. They split into 4 squads with two of the four not having a punter one of the punters was obrien and of course the other was Hanson. The groups with out a punter just had to knock it out of an assistants hand.

there were a few trick plays...A fake reverse screen pass seemed to work perfect but a reverse later in practice was blown up by Wright.

BB closely monitored the group with Hansen and could be seen teaching the techniques. at one point I heard him yelling stay up (persumably not to run into the punter) and I heard him praise Wright for his technique as he blocked and scooped all in one motion.

Herna-Daze has an INT but something was messed up on the play either Walter just let it sail or Edelman didn't get far enough in his route. (I think it was Edelmans fault). He made up for it with a nice grab later.

Faulk had a nifty one handed grab that was a foot off the grass in positional drills.

At the end they went to the goal line again with the loser taking a lap. Incomplete pass though it seemed pretty clear that Butler hit him early and Edelman lost his balance and fell to the ground. The offense ran despite what looked like PI. I figures one of two things either BB being a defensive guy was just giving the O some crap or maybe the contact was before the ball was released and was defintitely with in 5 yards (but I don't think so).

I will be there tonight but unless something really stands out I will let others do the post.

At the end they went to the goal line again with the loser taking a lap. Incomplete pass though it seemed pretty clear that Butler hit him early and Edelman lost his balance and fell to the ground. The offense ran despite what looked like PI. I figures one of two things either BB being a defensive guy was just giving the O some crap or maybe the contact was before the ball was released and was defintitely with in 5 yards (but I don't think so).

I will be there tonight but unless something really stands out I will let others do the post.
I saw on another report their feet got tangled up perhaps a different angle that you saw. Looking forward to hearing about tonight's session should be lots of special teams work being that their in the stadium. Take a good look at the long snappers battle tonight and returners, if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes