PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Salary Cap per NFLPA

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems to load slowly. Here is a page capture:

cap.jpg

seems to load slowly. Here is a page capture:

Obviously not a question for you, but how do the Pats only have 50 current contracts? :confused: :confused:

How did we lose $4M in cap money since yesterday when Miguel had us at $14.2M and others were close to that number?

How did we lose $4M in cap money since yesterday when Miguel had us at $14.2M and others were close to that number?

It would not surprise me if the NFLPA's numbers are messed up.

ETA: spotrac.com has the Pats at just under $12M.

That "current contracts" column is a great addition to this data. Baltimore has $5.4M, but is still 10 players short of a full team. Looks like they're not spending anymore money this offseason, and they still need to do some restructuring just to pay their rookies.

That "current contracts" column is a great addition to this data. Baltimore has $5.4M, but is still 10 players short of a full team. Looks like they're not spending anymore money this offseason, and they still need to do some restructuring just to pay their rookies.

Except that I'm not convinced that number is accurate; I'm virtually certain that the Pats, for example, have 51 players under contract.

Obviously not a question for you, but how do the Pats only have 50 current contracts? :confused: :confused:

This number is for the number of players signed to a contract who are in the Top 51. Michael Hoomanawanui has not yet signed his RFA tender but he has one of the 51 highest contracts.

i have the Pats under their adjusted cap by $11.2 million. Since March 26th the contracts of Vollmer and Jenkins hit the cap. Plus, every team's adjusted cap was adjusted downward by $504,000. I think that the difference between my numbers and the NFLPA is that some players' cap numbers went up unannounced because some of their incentives are now LTBE.

The NFLPA includes in their report
Beginning on the first day of the League Year,
each Club's Team Salary will be charged an amount that is calculated as follows: multiply the minimum daily amount set forth in Article 21, Section 3 ($1 55 for the 2011 League Year) by 2,880 (80 players x 4 days/week x 9 weeks = 2,880) . At the conclusion of the program, this charge will be adjusted based upon the amounts actually paid to players who participated in the offseason program. At that time, the amount paid to each player will be charged to Salary and Team Salary, and the original charge set forth in the first sentence of this Subsection shall be removed from Team Salary. In addition to these amounts, any incentives in Player Contracts related to offseason workouts shall be included in Team Salary pursuant to Section 6 (c) (iii) below

So I am now including $567,000 (90 *36 * $175) in my numbers.

It has been awhile since I had that number.

Except that I'm not convinced that number is accurate; I'm virtually certain that the Pats, for example, have 51 players under contract.

From a fellow amateur capologist who covers the Ravens - "I'd like to pass on some words of wisdom that was told to me a couple of weeks ago - the NFLPA's records are not always 100% accurate and there are often clerical errors involved. Case in point, the Ravens number as reported in that link is wrong. After having had a chance to review the full team report, it appears that Arthur Jones and his recently signed RFA tender have been deleted entirely. So, the $5.356M being shown in the link is actually $5.356M - $2.023M + 480K = $3.813M in accurate Cap space."

This number is for the number of players signed to a contract who are in the Top 51. Michael Hoomanawanui has not yet signed his RFA tender but he has one of the 51 highest contracts.

Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye