PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints' Unger to miss start of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Blitz for Six start shaping to the Drive for Five mode ..

quote from Hill:
Over the past two years with the Saints, Unger has started 31 of 32 games. He has helped block for the #1 rated run blocking line by Football Outsiders for 2016 and ranks 6th in pass protection by Pro Football Focus. Without Unger in the lineup, the Saints have an obvious weakness that will affect the entire offense.

Last edited:
From NFLTradeRumors:

Free agent C Nick Mangold tells Kimberly A. Martin of Newsday that he hasn’t given up on playing in 2017, despite the fact that he’s still a free agent.

“I’m just rehabbing, trying to get right, trying to get ready,” Mangold said.

When asked if he has completely ruled out the possibility of retirement, Mangold said: “We’re still trying to see what the options are.

Mangold previously visited with the Ravens, but ultimately left Baltimore without a contract (NFLTR). Some have mentioned that he could be an option for the Saints following the news that Max Unger could miss the start of the season.

If I were Mickey Loomis, I'd be calling Mangold's agent, right now, in order to schedule a workout/physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back