PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

S Reggie Nelson, Jaguars

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Mike Lombardi has great things to say about Reggie Nelson, and predicts he will be a pro bowl performer. This is interesting, because there was a great debate on this site about Reggie Nelson's ability, with many people disparaging his pro prospects prior to the draft.

Lombardi today suggests he will be a better NFL safety than Laron Landry.

Mike Lombardi has great things to say about Reggie Nelson, and predicts he will be a pro bowl performer. This is interesting, because there was a great debate on this site about Reggie Nelson's ability, with many people disparaging his pro prospects prior to the draft.

Lombardi today suggests he will be a better NFL safety than Laron Landry.

It was a good safety class, Landry, Nelson, Griffin and Merriweather. I am still stunned that NE took the 4th Safety in round 1.

Nelson - I haven't seen much of Nelson as a pro but he was a playmaker in college, he is a little thin but if he can hold up physically then he could be a really good FS.

Landry - He has looked damn good, he makes some bone headed plays but has all he tools. I expect him to be a pro-bowl player.

Griffin - The few games I saw he was actually playing CB, CB is more of a premium position than S. If he can cover on the outside he should have no problems at S.

Merriweather - Physical player, he can hit. Good athlete. Took some time to get comfortable with the system. Hands of stone, absolutely brutal cement gloves. Maybe he was nervous last year but you can usually hear the ball clank off his paws.

Eric Weddle - He has looked very good for SD, from what I have seen he would be much more of a difference maker in the NE system than Merriweather. Think Eugene Wilson before his brain got all messed up.

I live in the Jacksonville area and see a lot of the Jaguars.

I didn't want Nelson in the draft, and I still wouldn't want him. Some of my friends, who are long-time Jags season ticket holders, say he misses to many assignments.

Jaguars fan here...

Nelson is fast, has good coverage skills, and put up a solid rookie season.

His main problem last year was indeed rookie whiffs that allowed big plays.

Good to see some Jags fans hanging around.

I really liked Nelson coming out and I still think he'll be a very good player but I also think he landed in the right spot and that he would have had a really hard time in the Patriots system.

I was one of the few Nelson supporters on this board last year around draft time. He has the physical ability to shine at the position. I'm not too disappointed with getting Meriweather though (although I was worried about his character issues). BM needs some more time, but I have hopes that he can learn the system and make more of a contribution this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots