PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor that Pats will sign a vet QB, draft a QB at 3 and move Mac EDIT: [was] From Mark Daniel’s mouth to Gods Ears

Might be worth editing the title so people know what this is about.

I like it, makes a lot of sense. Fits with Wolf’s comments about GB’s QB history. Really interested to find out who these guys will identify as best QB draft option for the team.

If this wasn't the plan then something would be wrong. Now we'll see who they can find in free agency and hopefully we like all 3 QBs so we can be good with whichever one falls to 3.

So we're looking at 17 games of Jacoby Brissett or Teddy Bridgewater while the #3 pick in the draft sits and watches the guy in front of him steer the Patriots to a 5-12 season while the offense, bereft of weapons, averages 18 ppg. Fantastic. And then, just maybe, the 2024 #3 pick is the starter in the second year of his four-year contract.
I would much rather start the #3 pick, the path Daniels is laying out is terrible. We know Kraft's reputation for being a cheap **** (at this point, its fact, not opinion) so is he really going to extend a rookie qb if he's any good and commands a massive $50m/year deal? Hell to the No! If this #3 pick is a middling type, and puts up rookie year Mac Jones type #s for the final three years of his rookie deal, sure, Krafty might splash the cash for a non-top $ QB contract. But if this #3 pick lights it up and turns into some amalgamation of Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence, and CJ Stroud, kiss him goodbye.
If Belichick sent this team to the depths of suckitude to the point that the Pats NEED a MULTI-year rebuild, then perhaps this makes sense because going a full year of these two aforementioned quarterback bums assures the club of another top 10 pick.

As long as Biscuit is not the potential vet I'd take jump ball Joe.

Just read an article this morning, I'll try and dig it up, it said BB was all in on Daniels and was going to do whatever he had to, to get him. Not sure if that's good or bad, you decide.
Too bad Beli didn't Draft Lamar had two shots at him what could have been. :rolleyes:

So we're looking at 17 games of Jacoby Brissett or Teddy Bridgewater while the #3 pick in the draft sits and watches the guy in front of him steer the Patriots to a 5-12 season while the offense, bereft of weapons, averages 18 ppg. Fantastic. And then, just maybe, the 2024 #3 pick is the starter in the second year of his four-year contract.
I would much rather start the #3 pick, the path Daniels is laying out is terrible. We know Kraft's reputation for being a cheap **** (at this point, its fact, not opinion) so is he really going to extend a rookie qb if he's any good and commands a massive $50m/year deal? Hell to the No! If this #3 pick is a middling type, and puts up rookie year Mac Jones type #s for the final three years of his rookie deal, sure, Krafty might splash the cash for a non-top $ QB contract. But if this #3 pick lights it up and turns into some amalgamation of Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence, and CJ Stroud, kiss him goodbye.
If Belichick sent this team to the depths of suckitude to the point that the Pats NEED a MULTI-year rebuild, then perhaps this makes sense because going a full year of these two aforementioned quarterback bums assures the club of another top 10 pick.
I think the key part here is, sit the QB "if necessary"

If he's good enough to start week 1 I assume he will

If they have to pay the QB that much they'll just skimp in other areas, I think he looks at the payroll as a whole and not at individual players.
agreed, let some other poor old bastard die behind that OL
The line next year could be a lot better if they play their cards right.

I am thinking it'll be Flacco. I'll bet good money that AVP got let go in Cleveland because he wanted Jump Ball Joe instead of Watson. Not that difficult to envision.

AVP : Why would we stick with Watson? What's he done? Flacco has been there, done that, and he can be trusted. I say we stick with him.

Cleveland Brass: Yeah, about that, Alex. Why don't you turn in your keys and head down to HR for an exit interview. We are going with Watson.

I am thinking it'll be Flacco. I'll bet good money that AVP got let go in Cleveland because he wanted Jump Ball Joe instead of Watson. Not that difficult to envision.

AVP : Why would we stick with Watson? What's he done? Flacco has been there, done that, and he can be trusted. I say we stick with him.

Cleveland Brass: Yeah, about that, Alex. Why don't you turn in your keys and head down to HR for an exit interview. We are going with Watson.
I would love jumpball Joe for a year.

AVP: look Joe is a proven winner, has done it before and is playing well we need to ride the hot hand..

Ownership: we traded for DeShawn and paid his lawsuits, I mean his contract he needs to be out there..

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back