PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor Mill: Update from Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I friggin LOVE this team. The Belichick era teams will be revered the same way the 80's Celtics teams were and are, many many years from now.

Last edited:
I always have liked Chirs Brown and wanted the Pats to draft him out of Colorado. Although his upright running style may be a concern, he would add some great depth along with Morris and Faulk,

Either Chris Brown or Ricky Williams would be open welcomes to this team.

Go get em .

I friggin LOVE this team. The Belichick era teams will be revered the same way the 80's Celtics teams were and are, many many years from now.

:eat3: 10 char
They're on a mission and this year is just the beginning.

I was thinking more like Lombardi's Packers.
As a football franchise

They're gonna run out of jersey numbers.

A healthy Brown is a decent starter and an above-average backup.

Only problem is he has had SERIOUS health issues in his brief time in the league.

As one poster astutely pointed out re: Brown, what good is a backup who needs a backup?

I'm actually surprised he's not signed. Is he asking for too much?

Brown was a good all around back but injuries really got to him.hes a big back althoughh he doesnt really look like it..6"3 220ish

hes a big back althoughh he doesnt really look like it..
doesn't run like it, either.

Personally, I'm satisfied with Morris, but competition is never a bad thing. Well, unless Brown wins the competition, the colts sign morris after the Pats cut him, and then brown goes on IR in week one.

Sure, bring him to camp.
But ... until the injuries kick in ... i don't think we've got room for another backup RB on the 53.

If Chris Brown gets in, Heath Evans goes.
We could live with that.

Either Chris Brown or Ricky Williams would be open welcomes to this team.

Go get em .

I'd take Brown over Williams any day at this point. At least we know that if Chris Brown signed here, he would be suiting up on gameday. With Williams, that isn't always a sure thing. He was a helluva running back though.

Sure, bring him to camp.
But ... until the injuries kick in ... i don't think we've got room for another backup RB on the 53.

If Chris Brown gets in, Heath Evans goes.
We could live with that.

I think it's actually ideal for the Pats to replace Evans, be it with Brown or another upgrade.

If a RB injury does happen, chances are more than likely that Evans will be a phone call away.

yes he can run..run well....but, he's constantly injured, is always sharing carries....which leads to his other problem......attitude. he doesnt like to share carries. i live in nashville, and go to alot of the home games, and i DO NOT want to see him as a patriot. unless its for the vet minimum, and it doesnt cost another good player (heath, faulk) a roster spot. he was great in his first year taking over for eddie george, but since then im just not impressed...but what do i know? nothing, compared to bb. in bill we trust!!

Chris Henry.... I think he meant Travis Henry. Chris Brown lost his job to Travis Henry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore