Pass rush
Tight ends
Special teams coverage and Bailey
D-line

Weakness:

Cb depth
Wr depth
Kicker ? We'll see

Overall, this roster is so much better than last year, especially defensively and I think we'll also be improved at QB(better decisions)

@mgteich: Not worried about the WR's and not expecting us to bring anyone outside up to speed anytime soon. In my mind, the TE's...all 3 of them are our WR's too. And with the way we probably want Mac Jones to play...I think James White and our slot guys are gonna see a lot of balls this year....

But I do agree that we need to hope that Agholor stays healthy....if not..I think we bring up Tre Nixon to be the deep decoy...and was Wilkerson picked up yet by anyone?

This is a common misunderstanding. Protection just lasts from Tuesday evening through the next game. Any time in between those times the player can be claimed.

If any team is so weak at OL that they have room for Sherman on their 53, they are welcome to him. He's a long term developmental project.

@mgteich: Not worried about the WR's and not expecting us to bring anyone outside up to speed anytime soon. In my mind, the TE's...all 3 of them are our WR's too. And with the way we probably want Mac Jones to play...I think James White and our slot guys are gonna see a lot of balls this year....

But I do agree that we need to hope that Agholor stays healthy....if not..I think we bring up Tre Nixon to be the deep decoy...and was Wilkerson picked up yet by anyone?
Wilkerson is still on our PS.

Perry plays the slot. Thats been his role.

Miami is deep at WR - Fuller, Parker, Hurns.Waddle.? Youre likely looking at the next NE slot WR. Plus Perry plays special teams.

So what? We have enough Slot Receivers here already...And (more than) enough Special Teamers too.

Why would BB sign Perry to a 3.3 mil contract just to cut him? The Pats desperately need WRs too.

They need Outside Receivers, and he ain't it...And unless/until Billy & the New Minions find a legit one, then this is a bottom-4 group, again.

I really like our roster. The strengths are:

Rb's
O-line
Pass rush
Tight ends
Special teams coverage and Bailey
D-line

Weakness:

Cb depth
Wr depth
Kicker ? We'll see

Overall, this roster is so much better than last year, especially defensively and I think we'll also be improved at QB(better decisions)

i agree on the strengths. you can add QB to strength.

also weakness : WR talent not just depth

Also weaknesses: Bentley/Langi/King of The Photos as ILB/LB depth; and unproven, unimpressive depth at OL after Karras.

Hey Nick,

I get where you're coming from on the WR position, but I think everyone will be surprised. I really like Meyers, think he is going to be great this year. Also like what I've seen so far from Bourne. With Nelson, lets give him some time. He is really fast and could extend the field for our tight ends and our short passing game. Would I like another Wr, yeah, but compared to last year, it's definitely an improvement.

Hey Nick,

I get where you're coming from on the WR position, but I think everyone will be surprised. I really like Meyers, think he is going to be great this year. Also like what I've seen so far from Bourne. With Nelson, lets give him some time. He is really fast and could extend the field for our tight ends and our short passing game. Would I like another Wr, yeah, but compared to last year, it's definitely an improvement.
As always...

1630692223992.gif

Last edited:
They need Outside Receivers, and he ain't it...And unless/until Billy & the New Minions find a legit one, then this is a bottom-4 group, again.
Yes, but we will likely see a lot of 2 TEs lines up and running the ball throwing here and there.

A good slot man is essential for the dink and dunk offense that Brady won Super Bowls with. Didnt Mac kinda do that with Devonta Smith letting him pickup the yac?

Who has really emerged to replace Edelman?
I don't think Edelman can be replaced per se. That said, you're right... no one really has emerged as a slot guy.

But they don't seem to be playing that way. I spent some time looking at Mac's preseason plays, and it seems like the RB checkdown is a big factor. Also the TEs can fill that role to a degree.

I hold out hope for Gunner... but as someone once said, "hope is not a strategy". :p

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back