PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rookie Mini-camp photos

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Mac Jones teaching Josh McDaniels how to call plays....

Mac: "You see Josh when it's 3rd and long, we throw the ball. We don't run a draw."

1621191127424.png

Here are the pictures from Rookie mini-camp...

Is so interesting to me how Belichick thumbs his nose at the NFL norm. I wonder what his reasoning may be IE: No numbers/weird numbers for rookies. It’s bizarre, Pats are the ONLY team that does this. Also blocking media from rookie camps, the other teams love having media there. It’s interesting and bizarre at the same time. It’s AMOST Al Davis like.

Is so interesting to me how Belichick thumbs his nose at the NFL norm. I wonder what his reasoning may be IE: No numbers/weird numbers for rookies. It’s bizarre, Pats are the ONLY team that does this. Also blocking media from rookie camps, the other teams love having media there. It’s interesting and bizarre at the same time. It’s AMOST Al Davis like.
Would love to have media videos or just a write up of the practices.
I saw niners had a 3 minute video of Lance warming up not the Patriots.

Huge Difference in philosophy I really dislike Arians.
I like what I saw of Trask in his college highlights reel. Trask is probably why the Patriots did not trade up for Jones. They figured that if Jones did not fall to them, they would go D in the first round and try for Trask or someone similar in the second.

Nobody knows if Trask will turn out to be a better player than Jones. The difference is that there is no pressure start Trask, Ariens can hype him up for his own e-go and to push Brady. It is difficult to believe the self back-patting coach’s and gm’s at this point.

Nobody knows if Trask will turn out to be a better player than Jones. The difference is that there is no pressure start Trask, Ariens can hype him up for his own e-go and to push Brady. It is difficult to believe the self back-patting coach’s and gm’s at this point.

I'm loathe to give Arians this kind of credit, but it could also be a Brady motivational thing. He saw how Brady responded after the Pats drafted Jimmy, so he figures pimping up Trask is another way to get "Pissed off Brady" on the field.

I like what I saw of Trask in his college highlights reel. Trask is probably why the Patriots did not trade up for Jones. They figured that if Jones did not fall to them, they would go D in the first round and try for Trask or someone similar in the second.
Trust me on this one
Round 1:
Plan A.........Mac Jones [were willing to trade up a couple slots to secure him(no need)]
Plan B..........OT from Northwestern, Slater
Round 2:
If Plan 1A failed......QB Stanford, Mills [would have traded up from Pats mid 2nd slot]
Note: LB Penn State, Parsons was removed from draft board because of off-field concerns

He doesn't want new teammates learning a player's number, he wants them learning the player's name.

Media members are a distraction, especially for rookies. Who cares, we want pictures, pictures above. The negative NE media would tell us these kids are busts already and the misanthropes in the fan base will believe them and post it here.

Someone already took a still shot of Barmore staring pensively in the ground while Bill spoke with him as a picture of him tuning the coach out. I gave a rat's azz about media access, they're generally a bunch of whiners who grew to expect coaches who would coddle and hold their hand. Now they're clickbait merchants who come to sites like this to steal content. Screw them...

I'm usually terrible at recognizing players. Does the reported tryout player make any appearances, or is every player identifiable as a draft pick or the UDFA kicker?

Trask lit it up against very good defenses, but I can't see how that slow delivery and inability to maneuver in the pocket is going to translate in the pros. He may surprise me and become a mini-Dan Marino, but it doesn't look good to me.

I'm loathe to give Arians this kind of credit, but it could also be a Brady motivational thing. He saw how Brady responded after the Pats drafted Jimmy, so he figures pimping up Trask is another way to get "Pissed off Brady" on the field.
Based on the fact that Arians and Licht called Brady to let him know that they might take a QB and that Brady said that he was ok with it pretty much rule out a « pissed of Brady » ;)

Based on the fact that Arians and Licht called Brady to let him know that they might take a QB and that Brady said that he was ok with it pretty much rule out a « pissed of Brady » ;)

I hadn't heard that, thank you.

BB's method is not to distract the rookies, let them settle in and focus on how the Pats run their organization.. it is all part of a socialization process to the Pats and the NFL..

Too often we hear Coaches "ginning up controversy" in the press for some unknown reason.. BB prefers to insulate the new guys from the coming media frenzy..

Not surprised BB kept it closed off from the Media.

No need to throw the rookies to the wolves of the Boston Media. Plenty of time until late July/early August.

Huge Difference in philosophy I really dislike Arians.

Loudmouth and really not that great a HC. So ridiculous how every QB draft this year looks AMAZING throwing the ball in shorts and a jersey. SHUT UP! There isn't an opposing defense on that other side of that, it's so annoying.

Loudmouth and really not that great a HC.

He’s nothing special but if you can manage talent and egos you can win in this league. And he’s proven that he can.

Mac Jones teaching Josh McDaniels how to call plays....

Mac: "You see Josh when it's 3rd and long, we throw the ball. We don't run a draw."

View attachment 32983

Here are the pictures from Rookie mini-camp...

"Mac, I'm telling you, you're gonna want that James White draw on 3rd and 10"

Trask lit it up against very good defenses, but I can't see how that slow delivery and inability to maneuver in the pocket is going to translate in the pros. He may surprise me and become a mini-Dan Marino, but it doesn't look good to me.
It was extremely noticeable when Pitts was out, Trask was a completely different QB. His last college game was a nightmare for Trask, he was horrendous.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back