PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roger Goodell deposed in SB seating lawsuit

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think the plaintiffs have much of a case considering what the NFL offered them ($2,400 plus a ticket to the 2012 Super Bowl; a trip to a future Super Bowl with airfare and a four-night hotel stay; a check for $5,000; or a check for more than $5,000 with documented travel, lodging and meal expenses) - however, I'm not going to shed a tear for da komissar having to take the stand and be cross examined.

NFL commissioner will be deposed in Super Bowl seating lawsuit

The plaintiffs in the Super Bowl XLV seating lawsuit recently won a minor victory when a federal judge ruled that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will have to sit down for depositions in the case.

The NFL sought to quash any attempt by the plaintiffs to question Goodell about the problems with the troubled temporary seating that was installed for the Feb. 6, 2011, game at Cowboys Stadium, now AT&T Stadium, in Arlington.

U.S. District Judge Barbara M.G. Lynn on Wednesday agreed with an earlier ruling by a federal magistrate that Goodell has firsthand, relevant information regarding the events at the game and should make himself available for questioning.

The NFL had argued that there were other NFL employees with more complete knowledge of what had happened and that the plaintiff’s attorneys wanted to harass Goodell with questions outside the realm of the lawsuit, such as the cost of his hotel room and transportation.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back