PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft Responds to Fire Goodell Chant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I surprisingly do I always found Kraft to be one of those guys who just won't say anything instead of saying something. So for him to say this I do believe him, or at least I want to believe him.
I really wish I could be with you... really I do. 5 years ago I'd be 100% on board... but when a man/group of owners is trying to destroy your franchise and the legacy of your greatest player, and you openly applaud that man and hug him in public, what you say to your fans about said man, means sh*t to me, and many Pats fans. Unfortunately, for all the great things BK has done for this team/region, its hard to trust him now.. at least for me.

And then there's this:

Bob Kraft knows to fire the varmint, you have to have the votes.

He accepted his position as one of the six owners on the Chairmans Comittee. They vote to keep the Commishioner so that is one sure "Fire the Bastard" vote. Rooney beleives the Commisihoner has hurt the Steelers, so thats two sure no votes. He only needs two more and the Commishioner is history when his contract is up.

Some fans are so dumb...

I'd rather have him just say nothing.

Bob Kraft knows to fire the varmint, you have to have the votes.

He accepted his position as one of the six owners on the Chairmans Comittee. They vote to keep the Commishioner so that is one sure "Fire the Bastard" vote. Rooney beleives the Commisihoner has hurt the Steelers, so thats two sure no votes. He only needs two more and the Commishioner is history when his contract is up.

Some fans are so dumb...
Like the ones who think it's the not yet three week old, non voting, advisory Chairman's Committee that decides his fate?

It's the Executive's Committee that decides his fate, made up of reps from all 32, not just 6.

So besides getting the Committee, the number of votes, who gets to vote and the spelling of Commisihoner and Commishioner wrong, you were right about everything.

Yep, some fans are so dumb.

Last edited:
Team owners both collaborate closely with and compete viciously against each other. I.e., they compartmentalize to an extent that's unusual in many walks of life. Analogies to politics and international relations would make sense. So I believe all of:
  • It's perfectly plausible that he's sincere.
  • Even if he's sincere, he'll collaborate closely and also sincerely with Goodell on some things (e.g. general NFL self-enrichment).
  • It's also perfectly plausible that he's not sincere.

After watching the joke of a game the LA Rams put on, I was again reminded as to how lucky we are as Patriots fans to have Robert Kraft as our owner.

He bought the team to prevent them from moving elsewhere (Looking at you, Kroenke).

He built a brand new stadium and paid for it all with his own money; no taxes from the town of Foxboro.

He lets the football decisions be made by the football guys, and doesn't try to meddle with his team and make himself prominent in the operations (Looking at you, Irsay and Jones)

He cares about his players, and stands up for them against injustices. He also has morals, and won't sign or support guys that are scummy (Rice, Hardy).

For all of you that were upset about how Kraft handled the draft picks and suing the NFL, you need to take a step back and realize what Kraft has done for this franchise, and how much he cares about it. For anyone going into the future that has a complaint about Kraft, or wants to be overly critical or negative about him: take a look around the league at how awful some owners are, temper your feelings, and be thankful we have RK.

Yeah, he responded by pulling down the Brady poster.

After watching the joke of a game the LA Rams put on, I was again reminded as to how lucky we are as Patriots fans to have Robert Kraft as our owner.

He bought the team to prevent them from moving elsewhere (Looking at you, Kroenke).

He built a brand new stadium and paid for it all with his own money; no taxes from the town of Foxboro.

He lets the football decisions be made by the football guys, and doesn't try to meddle with his team and make himself prominent in the operations (Looking at you, Irsay and Jones)

He cares about his players, and stands up for them against injustices. He also has morals, and won't sign or support guys that are scummy (Rice, Hardy).

For all of you that were upset about how Kraft handled the draft picks and suing the NFL, you need to take a step back and realize what Kraft has done for this franchise, and how much he cares about it. For anyone going into the future that has a complaint about Kraft, or wants to be overly critical or negative about him: take a look around the league at how awful some owners are, temper your feelings, and be thankful we have RK.
Let me just say that Kraft's ownership of the team can be divided into two eras. In the first he was the great owner you describe foer which we all held him in high regard. After 2007 , he stopped being the owner of the Pats first and decided to become the POS commissioner's best buddy. Since then he has been a total detriment to the yeam and its fans. Failing to support BB in the camera placement issue and surrendering the first round draft is hardly letting the football guys run the team Not to mention being totally complicit in the destruction of the Pats reputation. Then becoming the most vocal supporter ogf Goodell in the Rice fiasco showing considerably more support than he ever did for Brady. The latest witch hunt in which he folded like a pathetic putz in accepting the penalty with a whimpering speech apologizing to the other owners is only the icing of the cake of the last eight years. Now he has resumed his position as Goodell's whipping boy and we can anticipate another bogus penalty on the Pats which he gladly accept. We don't give Billy Sullivan a life time pass and without him bringing the team to Boston there wouldn't be any Patriots for Kraft to save.
Let me leave you with a quote."There are none so blind as those who will not see"

He's an NFL owner......wtf does anyone expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News