PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RIP Harry Boy

fpraven88

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
For those of us that were PoFo-only members (which Harry most certainly was himself), it’d be impossible not to remember him. Sometimes I wish the archives from the PoFo were still accessible here because Harry’s threads would make me smile.

Harry was an institution in the PoFo. He represented the salt of the earth conservative perspective. Him and I didn’t agree on anything but we never tussled. He had the amazing ability to launch attacks but never at individual posters.

Some doubted that he was old as he claimed, but as having seen his obituary (PM me if you’d like a link to his obituary), he was indeed as advertised. I suspect that would be the case for much of his life, he was as advertised.

It’s crazy to think the PoFo has been gone here for over 5 years (and I don’t question that decision at all) but I know anyone that was here that knew him would raise a cup to him!

For those of us that were PoFo-only members (which Harry most certainly was himself), it’d be impossible not to remember him. Sometimes I wish the archives from the PoFo were still accessible here because Harry’s threads would make me smile.

Harry was an institution in the PoFo. He represented the salt of the earth conservative perspective. Him and I didn’t agree on anything but we never tussled. He had the amazing ability to launch attacks but never at individual posters.

Some doubted that he was old as he claimed, but as having seen his obituary (PM me if you’d like a link to his obituary), he was indeed as advertised. I suspect that would be the case for much of his life, he was as advertised.

It’s crazy to think the PoFo has been gone here for over 5 years (and I don’t question that decision at all) but I know anyone that was here that knew him would raise a cup to him!

That was the only forum he ever posted in, didn't once see him post in a football thread. Strange how he ended up here.

Harry was a great guy no matter which side of the isle your political leanings are. He shared some great stories along the way. In a forum with a lot of thin skin he could also take a joke. He was going off one day about the way things used to be and I simply replied with the All in the Family lyrics to those were the days. Things quickly became a laugh-fest with everyone recalling their favorite episode.

Save me a beer my friend. I will miss your wit and cheer.

Very sad news. Harry Boy was always entertaining, which is all anyone can ask of a forum poster.

He was definitely a character, rest in peace, Harry

Lifelong member of the Teamsters. Does anyone remember if he ever had any old stories about the Hoffa days?

R.I.P., Harry. One of my favorite posters on here.

CHICAGO.

That was the only forum he ever posted in, didn't once see him post in a football thread. Strange how he ended up here.
I remember one time… when @Patjew posted about his wife passing and Harry said something about remembering her by looking at his children.

I remember thinking at the time how straightforward, stoic, and exactly on point it was.

Ten years and two months ago. Time is crazy.
Indeed, it is. Sorry if that drudged up some bad memories or feelings. It was just a post that really stood out to me when remembering him.

Not at all. I’m honored that you remembered it, just like I did.
He wrote one on Memorial Day about the local boys from Cambridge who never came home from WW2. One poster couldn't believe it was written by a 90 year old but I tracked down his real identity.... and he confirmed it.. His blog was entertaining. Cracked open a cold one and spent a few hours reading back then. Don't know if it's still online...

Last edited:
I was just thinking about him a couple days ago. like someone said he was a character, i loved going back and forth with him.
RIP Harry B

As a Mod for the Political board I can speak for Patters that we found Harry Boy a joy to deal with. onlyh 2 years younger than my Dad never thought of him like that. RIP Harry.

Rest In Peace to Harry. I remember him primarily from the political forum days. Interacted lots, and he had many great and funny posts.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back