PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ring for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In spite of what he said in the past about selling his I don't think it is Marty B's.
I just don't think he is capable of doing anything anonymously :rolleyes:

Last edited:
More importantly who is buying it?

14.5 size ring. We can eliminate all the offensive skill position players, secondary and kickers. My guess is somebody like Woodrow Hamilton who never got paid and is out of the league already. I'm sure the money is more valuable to him which is a shame but I get it. If it was a guy like Marty B who made a ton of coin that would really be disappointing.

I'm sure it is a practice squad player or someone from the bottom of the roster who needs the $$. Life happens. Wish I could afford to buy it!

If it was a guy like Marty B who made a ton of coin that would really be disappointing.

I could see someone that made bank auctioning it for a charitable cause but they wouldn't be likely to keep it quiet, they would want as much publicity for the cause as possible.

OT: I saw on the news this am an authentic road jersey worn by Babe Ruth in the 1920s is estimated to be auctioned for close to $3m. That would break the record for an article of sports memorabilia.

I could see someone that made bank auctioning it for a charitable cause but they wouldn't be likely to keep it quiet, they would want as much publicity for the cause as possible.

Fair point. If it was something like that I'd get it.

At the end of the day, it is just a heavy piece of jewelry that you can't really wear. If I were working in the front office, on the practice squad, on I/R, or wasn't a major contributor, or didn't really have a place to "display" it....I'd sell mine in a heart beat....

Hey, this is off topic but sort of related.
When we were in Atlanta for the SB my friend was sitting next to a guy at a bar who had on a Pats SB ring. After we had all admired it (and he had had more than a few drinks) he told us it was fake. Does anyone else find that a little weird? Wearing around a fake Pats ring, I surmise to impress the ladies?

Hey, this is off topic but sort of related.
When we were in Atlanta for the SB my friend was sitting next to a guy at a bar who had on a Pats SB ring. After we had all admired it (and he had had more than a few drinks) he told us it was fake. Does anyone else find that a little weird? Wearing around a fake Pats ring, I surmise to impress the ladies?
Thats pretty loserish IMO.

Years ago my wife was playing at a craps table in Aruba and next to her was a older man whos ring had around the diamond, "New York Yankees World Champions" on it. It looked like a college graduation ring. In as a polite of a way possible I commented on how awesome his ring was and said I was a huge baseball fan and asked if I would know who he was. He was on the 1962 Yanks but I didn't know who he was. I looked him up. Decent player. Not a star.

Thats pretty loserish IMO.

Years ago my wife was playing at a craps table in Aruba and next to her was a older man whos ring had around the diamond, "New York Yankees World Champions" on it. It looked like a college graduation ring. In as a polite of a way possible I commented on how awesome his ring was and said I was a huge baseball fan and asked if I would know who he was. He was on the 1962 Yanks but I didn't know who he was. I looked him up. Decent player. Not a star.
Good story, and that's sort of what led to the "outing" of the Pats guy. After we admired the ring, we asked, "what's your connection to the team?" and got the drunken confession. Does the doofus think people won't ask? Glad the guy you met legitimately had the ring!

Good story, and that's sort of what led to the "outing" of the Pats guy. After we admired the ring, we asked, "what's your connection to the team?" and got the drunken confession. Does the doofus think people won't ask? Glad the guy you met legitimately had the ring!
Seriously.

Out of curiosity which SB was the ring from?

Kudos for him being honest but to wear it public without having any association to the team is weird.

Wearing those super bowl rings at all is over the top.

Seriously.

Out of curiosity which SB was the ring from?

Kudos for him being honest but to wear it public without having any association to the team is weird.
It was the 5 trophy one from this thread, which prompted the memory. It looked real.

I would have to think if I was a Pats staffer that got a ring, I would think long and hard before I parted with it. I get it's worth a decent amount of money, and represents a substantial raise in pay to a lowly staffer or a practice player. But you can't buy one of these, they are earned, and can't be replaced. It would not be an easy decision.

US Customs recently confiscated a shipment of counterfeit championship rings from China with a street value of $11-12 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News