PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Seymour now a hall of famer

I was a very young man (18) didn't have constant access to the internet, couldn’t afford magazine publications, none of that. Basically, my excitement was predicated on what information was given to me. After they Seymour pick, I had two words fed into my brain. David Terrell. Seymour was slow, and unimpressive. A tweener who couldn’t sack the qb. :rofl: It didn’t take long to fall in love with him and his style of play.

Would love if we could come out of this years draft with an end that is at least 70% of what Seymour brought. Get us back to the great years of having a team built from the trenches back. The game may have changed a lot, but a great DL makes everyone’s job easier!
I forgot about David Terrell and how that’s who everyone wanted. That’s a blast from the past.

"On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon.

- Ron Borges, MSNBC after 2001 Draft."

I was a very young man (18) didn't have constant access to the internet, couldn’t afford magazine publications, none of that. Basically, my excitement was predicated on what information was given to me. After they Seymour pick, I had two words fed into my brain. David Terrell. Seymour was slow, and unimpressive. A tweener who couldn’t sack the qb. :rofl: It didn’t take long to fall in love with him and his style of play.

Would love if we could come out of this years draft with an end that is at least 70% of what Seymour brought. Get us back to the great years of having a team built from the trenches back. The game may have changed a lot, but a great DL makes everyone’s job easier!
I remember the same draft. I also wanted David Terrell and/or Anthony Thomas from UMich. Who wants a boring DE at the top of the 1st?? But, boy did BB nail it back in those days.

Genuinely so happy for him. Ngl, I was pretty skeptical.

Rodney is next.
From your lips to God's ears.

But, given that he wasn't even among the most recent batch of (twenty-six!) semifinalists, I remain doubtful. Perhaps the seeming bias of late towards those with media gigs will help him in the long run.

My guess is Vinatieri is next.

From your lips to God's ears.

But, given that he wasn't even among the most recent batch of (twenty-six!) semifinalists, I remain doubtful. Perhaps the seeming bias of late towards those with media gigs will help him in the long run.

My guess is Vinatieri is next.
Yea i'm def a case of wishful thinking....

About time. Hopefully they’ll get a couple more from that defense in there. We know of two that are definitely getting in from the team. AV and TB.

But, but , but they could have had David Terrell?

Congrats. Did Seymour rarely interview with the media as I don't remember hearing him speak before?

After his grandfather passed and he came back late from that absence, Seymour was held back for most of the 1st half at a 2003 Jaguars game in December (I was there) he literally tore apart the Jags for a couple of series, he was everywhere upsetting their pee poor offense.

It was the most dominant play that I can remember seeing in the NFL.. Pats won 27-13. No one player is bigger than the team...
I remember that game well. One of the very few times Ive ever been pissed off at BB. I was cheering like crazy for Seymour as ge wreaked havoc on Jville

I remember feeling gut-punched after finding out Seymour had been traded to the Raiders but I'm happy that it has all ended well for him.

Seymour, as a rookie, was the BEST player,period on the Patriots 1st SB-winning team.
A team that had HOFer Law, Willie McG,Bruschi and some kid named Brady.

Seymour, as a rookie, was the BEST player,period on the Patriots 1st SB-winning team.
A team that had HOFer Law, Willie McG,Bruschi and some kid named Brady.
Not to mention Adam V

I remember feeling gut-punched after finding out Seymour had been traded to the Raiders but I'm happy that it has all ended well for him.
Yeah although we did end up getting a solid LT for it who actually would have had 4 SBs with us if not for a bizarre play and a bizarre coaching decision.

Deserved
I have been a huge Big Seymour fan
A great great playier
Complimenti #93 !

I forgot about David Terrell and how that’s who everyone wanted. That’s a blast from the past.

"On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon.

- Ron Borges, MSNBC after 2001 Draft."

Surely this reporter lost his job after it was revealed that Seymour and Light were incredibly great draft picks that would help define a decade of football.

I’m surprised he made it.

LT was my first choice, but knew there wasn’t a shot.

David Terrell was the first realistic choice followed by Deuce McCallister.

I hated the Seymour pick at the time. He turned out to be a player other teams scrambled to find like him so they could switch to a 3-4 like the Pats did in 2003.

This is long overdue. He managed to get sacks as a two-gap 3-4 de and got a decent amount of pass deflections as well. He quietly wrecked games.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back