REPORT: Dane Fletcher Suffers Torn ACL in Win Over Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
REPORT: Dane Fletcher Suffers Torn ACL in Win Over Saints
By: Ian Logue

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, linebacker Dane Fletcher suffered a torn ACL during New England's 7-6 win over the New Orleans Saints on Thursday night....

Crap. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Sucks for Dane but I don't believe it's an injury the Patriots can't overcome.

Friggin sucks :( He showed flashes in '10 and I really felt like he could be a key contributor someday in our D but now has a second season in a row wasted. I agree we'll be fine with our LB depth but sucks for the guy

Sucks for Dane but I don't believe it's an injury the Patriots can't overcome.

Fortunately LB seems to be one of the positions we have the most depth in.

At least it wasn't on the O line

Fortunately LB seems to be one of the positions we have the most depth in.
No matter how many times I read your statement, I'm always in a state of semi-shock over the fact that the Pats have depth at LB.

I don't miss the days of Monty Biesel.

I thought Carpenter played very well. Hightower looked good at MLB (wrap them up Donta). Tarpinian looked okay, definitely improved.

We should be okay depth wise.

Horrible luck, wishing the speediest of recoveries for him. I always have a soft spot for the small college players who earn a roster spot through grit and determination.

Feel bad for fletcher. Looks like Carpenter is going to get his spot. Luckily we are deep at LBer this year.

Well, at least he has GRONK at home to cheer him up during rehab. . . . :cool:

I like Fletcher :( Just hope that he can make a full recovery and be back next season!

Get well Soon Dane.

Sucks to miss the season.

will still be rooting for you in 2013.

That sucks. Fletcher was one of my favorites, but injuries seem to have kept him from really breaking through. He and Carpenter as the reserves behind Mayo/Hightower/Spikes would have been an amazing unit.

I still have high hopes for Jeff Tarpinian, especially in a coverage role. Hopefully he will seize the chance to grab the 5th LB spot. But it still sucks.

Get better, Dane.

I wish him a speedy recovery as well. I had high hopes for the dude since the first time i seen him play. I wonder who steps up. I still don't really like tarpinian. Maybe i'll come around, but I am going to start to closely watch mike rivera. You never know who might come out of no where.

In the apt words of Brother Mayo: This sucks.
icon_mad.gif

I'm afraid that I am nowhere near as sanguine about this Loss as the rest of you, Gentlemen.

1 ~ I have said since Day 1, back in April, that Donta HighTower will have the greatest impact of this year's Rookies...but as a Flanker ~ OLB/DE, to you Earthlings ~ with a minimal involvement ~ barring injuries ~ as a MidFielder ~ that's ILB/OLB, Earthlings!!

2 ~ Bobby Carpenter makes a nice enough 4th MidFielder, I suppose...but as the first man up when Spikes or Mayo gets hurt?? That...sucks.
icon_mad.gif

3 ~ I love Jeff Tarpinian's Potential, but as a Coverage MidFielder, as Brother Mayo points out. I think he's got far more potential thither, and I do not want him in there, banging heads on every play: If Tarpinian is forced to step in, we may, henceforth, be shortly scouring the streets, once again.
icon_mad.gif

I hope that y'all are right, and that I am wrong.

But from what I've seen so far, neither those two nor the other MidFielders in Camp come within light years of commanding the lethal combination of Processing Speed, Fluidity, Core Strength, and Lateral Agility that make Dane Fletcher such a potentially explosive Defender and Attacker.

Having bodies around ~ I'm sure we all agree ~ does not mean we have Depth.

And from my perception, our Depth of Talent just took an enormous hit.

Tough luck for Dane, I was looking forward to seeing what he could do this year in the rotation.

A few things can happen now to help offset his loss:

1) Another linebacker can step up and fill his role. Carpenter is the first guy in right now, but if Cunningham can step up it frees Mayo/Hightower to play more snaps in the middle. Tarpinian could also take a step up, but I'm less convinced on him at this point.

2) If one of Bequette or Scott can step it up, it could free Ninko to play more on his feet.

There's some options, but it's still the loss of a good player.

More reason to cut preseason games down to 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes