PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remember this Article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebman2112

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
"Our guy keeps a pair of binoculars on their signal-callers every game," says Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. "With any luck, we have their defensive signals figured out by halftime. Sometimes, by the end of the first quarter."

CNNSI

Nice find, dude.

we should have all these old articles that prove that other teams "cheat" put into one big thread and sticky the s.o.b. so we can pull it out anytime we want and check it out.

And we could always keep adding to it.

great find, its no surprise to me every team does it in one way or another, we just took it to another level I guess but I really dont care its not a big deal to me at all.

The whole videotape thing is stupid, it's a technicality about something they chose to make illegal solely for the fun of it. They made it illegal so it's illegal but there's no real reason for it. Just like the real governement, too much beaurocratic nonsense.

we should have all these old articles that prove that other teams "cheat" put into one big thread and sticky the s.o.b. so we can pull it out anytime we want and check it out.

And we could always keep adding to it.

Keegs, this is a good idea...

Since someone asked me about this article I decided to bump it.

"Our guy keeps a pair of binoculars on their signal-callers every game," says Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. "With any luck, we have their defensive signals figured out by halftime. Sometimes, by the end of the first quarter."

CNNSI

notice how he said binoculars, and not VIDEO CAMERA. you can't rewind the tape from binoculars... you can't pause it and analyze it after the game to use in the future. you're comparing apples and oranges, and actually proving Goodell's point further by pointing this article out..

notice how he said binoculars, and not VIDEO CAMERA. you can't rewind the tape from binoculars... you can't pause it and analyze it after the game to use in the future. you're comparing apples and oranges, and actually proving Goodell's point further by pointing this article out..

I posted this the other day when some people (particularly trolls) still seemed a bit confused as to what was common practice in the league and what BB did that was actually against the rules. The initial point of this thread was to show other coaches use various ways to steal signals, some use more than the naked eye (binoculars in this case), and the only thing BB did that was against the rules was the use of the video camera. I've always said what BB did was wrong, but I wanted to make sure people put it in the correct context.

Now my bumping of this thread tonight was simply because someone had asked me about the article and said they couldn't find it (in a private message). figuring maybe some other posters might be interested in finding this article I bumped it. If this bothers you in any way sorry.

Last edited:

Actually, we are comparing Red Delicious apples with Granny Smith apples.

The results are the same: a database of knowledge has been acquired.

Wrong again, troll. Now get out.

Just further reinforces the extent of Belichick's stupidity. No need whatsoever to take such a risk when other methods are readily available.

dude - shannahan said they had the signals figured out by the first quarter.
there is no need for any pausing of tape or rewinding - they can go ahead and cheat immediately in that case. how dumb can you be? It is, in no way, any worse to decipher the signals from tape. it's just against a specific rule, but no less cheating.
the truth, and only real truth is,
1)the commish is mad bb ignored his warning and wants to punish for that
2)pats/bb haters want them screwed because they're jealous and hate them
period.
if cheating was REALLY the issue, shanny would've been punished for these comments.

Hate to rain on the parade, but someone on another board pointed out that this article is really just a poor attempt at satire.

Re-read it again. There are parts that are supposed to be funny, and others thatf stretch the realms of believability (i.e. he has correspondents at the games).

Pretty sure Reilly was just trying -- emphasis on "trying" -- to be funny.

CNNSI

Good find...the Broncos are known for their cheating antics.

It's funny how coaches around the league are extreeeeeeeeemly quiet about the issue.

Patriots 24 Chargers 17

Last edited:
dude - shannahan said they had the signals figured out by the first quarter.
there is no need for any pausing of tape or rewinding - they can go ahead and cheat immediately in that case. how dumb can you be? It is, in no way, any worse to decipher the signals from tape. it's just against a specific rule, but no less cheating.
the truth, and only real truth is,
1)the commish is mad bb ignored his warning and wants to punish for that
2)pats/bb haters want them screwed because they're jealous and hate them
period.
if cheating was REALLY the issue, shanny would've been punished for these comments.

um, no. you're wrong. if you can figure out the signals by only watching the opposing team's coaches and using your brain then that's part of the game. the whole point of video taping something is so that you can review the tape later, effectively giving you multiple chances to watch the signals and then try to figure out how they correspond to the ensuing play. how dumb can you be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down