PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss on Seau - what a stud

Status
Not open for further replies.
That interview gave me goosebumps.

I'd love to see Junior end his career with a ring. He deserves it.

That is pretty much the opposite of Ty Law's attitude.

Welcome back, Junior!

That is pretty much the opposite of Ty Law's attitude.

Welcome back, Junior!

Exactly! I think of Seau, Bruschi, Harrison, etc. whenever some Ty or Branch enabler makes excuses for their approach. People are different and notably some folks are simply better people than others.

G/damn-mutherfuc#&**# son-of-a#### we could have used this guy alot earlier.

Pretty much 1 season with the team and this guy is the poster child for the patriot way.

Name one other person that could come in and play in the NFL at this age. He'll probably be rotated in at Seattle and have an impact already. What a freak of nature.

This gives me hope for the D - he may be older and not as productive - but his value in the locker room is unmeasurable, let hope his play on the field shines this weekend.

Mayo is a lucky guy.

Knowing that the young guys like Jerod Mayo and Gary Guyton will now get exposed to a presence like Junior Seau, and to some extent Rosey Colvin, is going to be INVALUABLE.

Makes me wonder what kind of shape he is really in if he's been doing cardio and lifting.

Knowing that the young guys like Jerod Mayo and Gary Guyton will now get exposed to a presence like Junior Seau, and to some extent Rosey Colvin, is going to be INVALUABLE.
That alone is worth having him suit up. This team needs an injection of guts and pride after last week. This is a good start. Now if we could get Troy out of his civvies...

oww just owwww

if u ever start believing int he media and other teams' players when they talk about bb, and how awful he is, all u really need to do is focus on these types of instances

this guy, this HOF Seau played w/ the pats for like 1.5 seasons, and look at the respect he has for belicheck

man ohh man, bb must be one hell of a person, and one hell of a mentor, and one hell of a friend, and on hell of a person

My thought exactly, and I'm sure it was a factor for Belichick. I wish we'd had Junior the whole year but just a month around him will be good for the young guys.

Please, please, PLEASE win the Super Bowl so this guy can get a ring!

The quote that actually gave me hope was the lunch-pail statement of the week. Not fancy, not rah-rah, but if this team makes the playoffs or more this year, this quote is going on my office wall:

It is because I have a lot of respect for a coach by the name of Bill Belichick and I have a lot of love for the guys in this locker room. That is the only reason I am here. He called me up and said he needed some help. Well, I'm here so let’s see what we can do.

If you watch the video of the PC, it's got more impact. He's bringing something much bigger than a warm body to this team and something more tangible than PD's and tackles. Hard to say what it is, but it feels enormous.

There is something here that we did last year that we trust can happen again. That all this decision is about -- trusting each other with what you do on the field, in the locker room and outside the ballpark. That is why I am here.

Last edited:
If you watch the video of the PC, it's got more impact. He's bringing something much bigger than a warm body to this team and something more tangible than PD's and tackles. Hard to say what it is, but it feels enormous.

It's something called heart and soul. Seau has got the spirit of a champion, I really hope he gets his ring someday

Man, people like him deserve a ring!

Last edited:
I wonder if he's still been doing his morning beach workouts?

There was a segment on it on all access a year ago, about how he runs these early morning workouts open to the public and a bunch of local kids try to keep up with him in a full on NFL workout on the beach, pretty cool.

Also if he's been surfing then his rotator cuff is 110% healthy - paddling a surfboard around is all shoulders.

Amazing this guy was with this team such a short time and built such incredible loyalty and became such a quintisential Patriot so quickly. And that interview was a hell of a lot more inspiring than Rosie's (no dig on Rosie!!) I hope they can both still bring it on the field.

Seau, "There is something here that we did last year that we trust can happen again. That all this decision is about -- trusting each other with what you do on the field, in the locker room and outside the ballpark. That is why I am here."

Dunno if I buy it. I was out at the Rye seacoast the other day and there was Seau...

NH Dec'080025 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing