Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/

August 9, 2006
Wednesday AM continued...

FOXBORO -

Interesting plays: Asante Samuel picked off a short slant pass thrown by Matt Cassel and returned it about 10 yards for a score. Nice play by Samuel; sketchy read by Cassel. ... Recently acquired wide receiver Kelvin Kight ran with the 1's yesterday which underscores how shorthanded the club is at wide receiver at the moment. ... Former Titan and another new acquisition wide receiver Eddie Berlin was on the field running mostly with the 2s. ...Dan Koppen, just back from the PUP is not running with the 1's yet. ... The struggles for third-string quarterbacks Todd Mortensen and Cody Bramlett continue. They just aren't accurate enough to keep around, it seems, which may send the Pats looking very soon for QB assistance.

Some Belichick:

(On subs this Friday)
"We ask that on the sideline during the game: 'When will you change groups?' It just depends on how the game goes. It could be the middle of the first quarter, it could be the middle of the second, it could be at halftime. It depends on opportunities and what they do with them."

(On the news in today's Globe that Tedy Bruschi has a broken wrist and will be out for the preseason and why it was divulged when it was)
"I had new information. I was asked a question so I answered it. Truthfilly. As I did a week before (when the original injury occurred)."

Posted at 11:25 AM

Wednesday Morning Notes

FOXBORO -- The Pats just finished the first of two practice they'll hold today. The team went in shorts and shoulder pads and went for nearly two hours doing a lot of preparatory work for Friday's preseason opener in Atlanta.

For player updates: Daniel Graham was out of his red "no-contact" jersey and in his regular No. 82. ...wide receivers John Stone and Chad Jackson remain on the shelf as do running back Patrick Pass, safety Ray Ventrone, linebacker Tedy Bruschi, tackle Nick Kaczur, wide receiver Deion Branch, defensive end Marquise Hill and linebacker Chad Brown.

Belichick's at the podium now...be back in a few.

T

Posted at 11:20 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

August 09, 2006
Practice notes

A few quick practice notes:

* Cornerback Asante Samuel made the play of the workout, a leaping interception on a quick Matt Cassel pass.

* Cornerback Ellis Hobbs also had an interception.

* Rookies Laurence Maroney and Willie Andrews took several kickoff returns. Ellis Hobbs, Bam Childress, Kelvin Kight and Kevin Faulk also lined up at returner.

* The session ended with field goal work. Martin Gramatica missed badly on a 37-yard attempt.

We'll have more after Bill Belichick's 11:20 press conference.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 11:16:57 AM |

Last edited:
(On the news in today's Globe that Tedy Bruschi has a broken wrist and will be out for the preseason and why it was divulged when it was)
"I had new information. I was asked a question so I answered it. Truthfilly. As I did a week before (when the original injury occurred)."

:) classic

SVN said:

I love that. Love it.

Also, it's good to hear that Graham is now practicing without his Red Jersey. That doesn't mean he's ready for contact (see: No contact Rodney and Dan Koppen without Red Shirts), but at least it's an apparent step in the right direction.

seems like Asante has been making the most defensive plays in camp..thats his like 5-6th interception in 11on11s or 7on7s

Remix 6 said:
seems like Asante has been making the most defensive plays in camp..thats his like 5-6th interception in 11on11s or 7on7s

He could always get to the ball.

What's good is ... seeing him HANG ONTO it.

flutie2phelan said:
He could always get to the ball.

What's good is ... seeing him HANG ONTO it.

In his rookie camp all you heard about is how much of a ball hawk he was. Unfortunately it's never showed up that much in the regular season (yet?).

SVN said:

And hand it to Reiss, opportunity knocked and he answered the door instead of turning the sound up. :rocker:

Don't see anything on these links about Gramatica except he isn't the smallest player, Vernell Brown is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST