PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reduced NEP coverage? No more Reiss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't Bob Kraft buy the Globe?

Good synergy for the paper/cardboard business, they have some attractive real estate, etc?

All kidding aside, Warren Buffett recently sagely said he would not buy any newspaper at any price.

"He's dead, Jim"

The Globe does have a partial Red Sux ownership worth something and maybe they own the Morrisey Blvd Real Estate, office space also depressed in this market.

Buying a newspaper company now is like buying a steam engine company ten years after the combustion engine was invented.

Truth : Reiss is excellent. Fact : It won't be long before a more national organism scoops him up.

I'd like him to move to the Projo because he's better than anyone currently there and it would make me proud to have him in Providence.

PFW imo isnt all that great. Kraft should drop it and just hire Reis to blog all day.

Yep. The information ecosystem gets ever more complex.

What a bunch of crap that is. That guy's a navel-gazer trying to make the obvious sound complicated.

PFW imo isnt all that great. Kraft should drop it and just hire Reis to blog all day.

NO! Then, he'd be required to kiss the Pats' butt. He needs to be independent of the organization to retain creditiblity.

Last edited:
I suspect he could move up rather than down. Schefter was a Denver beat writer until the NFL network picked him up and look where he is now. Reiss is a very good journalist and could probably get a good salary from a national organisation. It would be a shame to lose him. he's the last of the real beat writers in NE.

Last edited:
I don't expect Reiss to stay at this dying newspaper for long. When all the dust clears, this deal only paves the way for a sale of the Globe. Thr physical newspaper has little value, if any, as Buffet indicated. The internet sites will likely remain under NYT ownership.

Reiss should be able to land a better job in another city or for a national media entity.

Well Boston.com would likely still be up and running. Perhaps Reiss would still blog for them?

I know one thing, I will NOT rely on the Herald for Patriots news.

Or the Metro that they hand out on the T...bloody awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand