Ravens Say They're Prepared for Patriots Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ravens Say They're Prepared for Patriots Tate
By: Ian Logue

So far this season Patriots wide receiver Brandon tate has been electric in the return game, and has slowly become a threat that teams need to worry about because he's certainly a guy who is a risk to reach the endzone if they're not careful....

Tate must be easier to prepare for than Moss.

I'm pretty sure every week each team says that they are ready for _____.

Tate must be easier to prepare for than Moss.

I disagree. With Moss you knew what was coming, you just could not shut him down for good so it is easier to prepare.
With Tate, you have no idea. They will be like BB facing a new team that he has no tape of.
Tate is an unknown player in this league, teams don't know what we are going to do with him.

Tate is the least of their worries:)

Cmon Special Teams. break out the nastiness.

We are stacked at WR and TE..... Tate will be the least of their concerns:cool:

Would love to see Tate show me something out there as a wr.I would take 60 yards from him.

There really is only one way to be prepared for Tate. Touchbacks.

I really would have expected the Ravens to say they aren't prepared for him.

I've heard reports that Tate says he's ready for the Ravens. So if they're both ready for each other, who wins? If it's a stalemate, that means the Ravens win. If they both win, that gives the edge to Tate. I wonder what the Ravens have done differently from other teams to be ready for Tate, or what Tate has in store that's special for the Ravens. Should be a real chess match. :singing::singing::singing:

Being prepared for a player is about as safe as being prepared for a tornado....you never know where the damage will come from and whether you will be able to survive it.

You can't plan to contain a guy like Tate because you can't prepare for blockers and whether they can successfully carry out thier orders....the only way to successfully plan to contain Tate is kick it AWAY from his direction.

Last edited:
Billy Cundiff last week: 6 kickoffs, 5 touchbacks.

The one that wasn't a touchback? 5th kickoff, 6 yards deep in the endzone, returner was so frustrated he had not gotten a chance to return one all day he tried to bring it out and the Ravens met him on the 10 yard line and knocked the hell out of him and he fumbled.

And we are talking kickoffs going in both directions of the field, not wind aided. The guy is murdering the ball and I have never seen anything like it. He darn near kicked one out of the back of the endzone and all of the others were 5-7 yards deep.

I don't know how Cundiff is doing it but Tate's opportunities to return kickoffs will be few and far between. So yes, the Ravens are definitely prepared with Cundiff's leg booming the ball into the endzone every kickoff. It is tough to take one to the house with one knee on the ground.

I think I'm prepared for Tate.....

To run up the middle on Kick of returns and get hammered by ravens STs

Billy Cundiff last week: 6 kickoffs, 5 touchbacks.

His other four games: 14 kickoffs, 6 touchbacks.

Gostkowski's last game: 5 touchbacks.

Remember that last game was in Denver; the thin air helps kickers.

His other four games: 14 kickoffs, 6 touchbacks.

Gostkowski's last game: 5 touchbacks.

Remember that last game was in Denver; the thin air helps kickers.

Uh the game was in Baltimore buddy, not Denver.

And Tate can try to bring them out from 5 yards deep like all those other kicks that were not touchbacks, because that is where they are all landing.

I haven't seen Tate, but the Ravens did a very good job on Josh Cribbs, who is one of the best in the game. Cundiff is really making a difference with the length of his kicks. After watching Matt Stover struggle to reach the 5-yard line in his last two years, this is like an early Christmas present.

Uh the game was in Baltimore buddy, not Denver.

And Tate can try to bring them out from 5 yards deep like all those other kicks that were not touchbacks, because that is where they are all landing.
Apparently it doesn't matter that "all" of his other kicks were 5 yards deep, since their coverage team is giving up 28.3 yards per return. Their special teams unit is nothing to be afraid of outside of Cundiff, who you are overrating anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes