PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rate Revis play against the Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I thought he played well, maybe not his best game, but he's fun to watch. I thought Carr made a couple of great back shoulder throws against Revis that were impressive. The thing that impressed me the most was that on each Raiders reception, Revis was draped all over the Raider receivers. An errant throw, mistake and he intercepts him. Also his tackling is probably the best for any corner.

I'm not saying you're doing this, SalemPats, but I find it absolutely hilarious that a player of Revis caliber was actually overhyped coming to New England.

You'd swear that come December he should have allowed 0 completions all season, with 60 passes defensed and 19 interceptions, and if he isn't looking as good as those numbers I just completely made up, then he will have been a bust and probably out of the league in a year.

A lot of our media coverage for this team is truly the worst, even the usually level headed guys like Reiss talked him up to a level that even Hall of Famers (and Revis should be win) would find impossible to achieve.

Revis has been beated maybe 2 times all season, truly beaten, and one of those Tannehill threw out of bounds anyways, the only touchdown he allowed? He played it perfect, he deflected it straight towards the ground, Wallace somehow bounced it off of his knee for a completion. Incredible awareness by Wallace to "beat" Revis right there.

I'd guess he's allowed about 0 YAC to date and even on some receptions he did give up, such as the back shoulder throw yesterday, he wasn't really out of position, most of our guys would be 5 yards down field after the receiver turned, Revis was right there and immediately made the tackle.

Some plays in the NFL aren't defendable, when the receiver and QB correctly time a back shoulder throw on the sidelines, it's either a completion or a drop unless it's deflected at the line. A CB can't win that play, that's Green Bay's bread and butter right there.

Revis had a good game yesterday, he allowed I think 1 first down, on said back shoulder throw, and otherwise the catches against him were underneath and immediately brought down.

Also openly admitting I haven't rewatched yesterdays game, but I don't believe Revis gave up much of importance, he just played the scheme he was told to play.

Last edited:
He was solid. I'd probably give him a B altogether. Unfortunately, given what he's making this year, he's going to need to be a lot better than that. Why the team is playing him in off man so much is absolutely beyond my comprehending. You would think that the team would want to put one of the best press corners in NFL history in situations where he can get his hands on the other team's best WR at the LOS as often as possible, but I guess not.

I agree with above two posters: By Revis's standards, maybe a B- grade; By 'average starting corner' standards, I'd give his performance an A.

So far this season, I'm happy with his play; it could be better, but maybe he's no longer 2010 Revis; if this is what he gives the rest of the year, I'll be fine with it.

Revis was good. He just isn't shut down in zone coverage (which is where the Pats started the game yesterday), but is in man. When they put him in zone, he will let receivers catch passes at a higher rate than in man.

Revis was good. He just isn't shut down in zone coverage (which is where the Pats started the game yesterday), but is in man. When they put him in zone, he will let receivers catch passes at a higher rate than in man.

Could the zone be more of them not knowing Carr so bb was a little more conservative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes