PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the best to you in the future, Randy. I'll always feels a little bad for you.

From twitter:

AlbertBreer Albert Breer
For what it's worth, I'm told Randy Moss does plan on filing retirement papers, rather than "waiting to see what happens."
31 minutes ago

I'm very sad by the news but if Randy feels that he has lost it, then I respect him more for accepting it and retiring now rather than not letting go like say, Mr. Favre. I just don't think he has lost it, I think he's got at least enough left for a couple of seasons.

If Plaxico has even a mediocre year for the Jets, expect Randy to be back next year, chomping at the bit to play, with the idea that he can do better than a guy who has been out of football for 2 years.

He should retire

Last seasons performance was a total embarrassment to his otherwise illlustrious career.

Only making more of a waste of a roster space that no one wants to do.

Smart Move by Randy IF he does

Randy's such an emotional guy, I can see him being really hurt about the Patriots signing Ocho for 3 years and deciding to file retirement papers...then 6 months from now thinking "what have I done???"

I hope he doesn't finalize anything until he's had the experience of watching the season start without him and seeing how he feels about it.

Last edited:
He could still play for the pats...one year league min deal. Remember Seau? He came out of retirement the next day....

We got to see true greatness and I'd like him to go out like that in our memories.

If there's any MMA fans here, Fedor Emilianenko is the latest case of someone who stayed beyond his time. Muhammad Ali, Willie Mays, it's really an awful thing to see a former all time great look average or awful on the field.

Randy's a smart guy and has lots of good business ventures, I believe. why hang on and be average or worse, until no one will make you an offer.

Thanks Randy, for all the memories as a Pat.

We hope that he does not turn into Randy Favre

I could see that easily happening

I think he chose the right time to retire; but it is sad that he couldn't retire as a Patriot. I will miss him.

Hall of fame :rocker: and good luck with every thing else randy!

This one has a cool interview at the beginning:

‪Randy Moss - Hate Me Now‬‏ - YouTube

Moss had the talent to become the greatest wide receiver ever. He'll still go down as perhaps the second best after Jerry Rice, but I can't help but feel that his career could have been even better.

Dude, he should sign a one day contract with the Pats and retire a Patriot!!!

We got to see true greatness and I'd like him to go out like that in our memories.

If there's any MMA fans here, Fedor Emilianenko is the latest case of someone who stayed beyond his time. Muhammad Ali, Willie Mays, it's really an awful thing to see a former all time great look average or awful on the field.

Randy's a smart guy and has lots of good business ventures, I believe. why hang on and be average or worse, until no one will make you an offer.

Thanks Randy, for all the memories as a Pat.

The Phoenix Cardinals version of Emmitt Smith was worse than any of those ... total embarrassment to the dominant RB of the 80s/early 90s

If true, I will miss Randy. I wish him health and happiness and lots of good fishing.

He could still play for the pats...one year league min deal. Remember Seau? He came out of retirement the next day....

Apparently the Pats offered a 1 year deal to Moss and he rejected it.

We may never know what happened to Randy Moss last year. The drop off was staggering and comparable to his last year with Oakland. And because he was able to come back and have solid seasons with the Patriots, I BELIEVE that last year was an aberration that was compounded by his personal frustrations and bouncing around the league.

Robert Smith, his former teammate in Minnesota, said that Moss was never good with the media. He cited Moss' breakdown after the incident with the parking officer. The media attention, at least negative attention, was never greater than it was last year and I believe he slipped into that "persona" that has, in the past, been nothing but self destructive.

I wish two things for Moss:

1. That he comes back to the NFL to put to sleep the critics of his 2010 season and put to sleep any regrets he may have in the future.

2. Confronts the demons that encourage a self destructive nature that may hinder him in his Post-NFL years. I don't want to see something tragic happen to him such as the situation with Steve McNair or see him in trouble with the law.

And though he was Patriot and gave us Patriot fans some of the most exciting years... He is a Viking and I wouldn't be offended if he identified himself with Minnesota when it comes time to reflect on his career. They took the risk of drafting him and had he not gone there, it would be hard to believe he would had been the same player he come to be when he was with the Patriots.

Best wishes Randy, ain't got nothing but love for you

Apparently the Pats offered a 1 year deal to Moss and he rejected it.

Apparently Chris Carter, known Moss rump swab claims they did but his claim is so ambiguous he could even have been referring to last year's one year left contract for Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3