PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss says goodbye to the 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best WR the Patriots ever had or will ever have.

Too bad the douches in the media decided to drive him out of town.

Eh, I think Randy drove himself out of town. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut about his contract and play hard.

Umm. . . . I think Moss himself had something to do with that.

Sign the beast..kidding...but then again.

Sign the beast..kidding...but then again.

Would be real nice if somehow Mike Wallace comes here and doesn;t break the bank.

Dream group:

Hernandez/Gronk/Ballard

Wallace/Welker/Edelman/rookie

I'd take Moss in for a look for a cheap contract over the rest of the low profile JAGs available in FA like Stallworth.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Just like the media in Minnesota drove him out of town. Then the media in Oakland drove him out of town. Then the media in New England drove him out of town. Then the media in Minnesota again drove him out of town. Then the media in Tennessee drove him out of town.

There's a pattern here if you look closely enough.

I actually wouldn't have minded taking another flyer on Moss if he had reformed, but listening to him before the Super Bowl talk about how he doesn't like his role, he wants to play, he's the greatest WR ever, just ended that dream for me.

C'mon, he did it to himself. IMO, With all respect to Moss and his status as one of the best WR of all time, I'll still give my vote to Stanley Morgan when it comes to the Patriots greatest.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Just like the media in Minnesota drove him out of town. Then the media in Oakland drove him out of town. Then the media in New England drove him out of town. Then the media in Minnesota again drove him out of town. Then the media in Tennessee drove him out of town.

There's a pattern here if you look closely enough.

I actually wouldn't have minded taking another flyer on Moss if he had reformed, but listening to him before the Super Bowl talk about how he doesn't like his role, he wants to play, he's the greatest WR ever, just ended that dream for me.

Nah, don't see it.

Just like he just did in San Fran, Moss always ends badly with every organization he has been with. In the grande scheme of things, his divorce with San Fran is relatively civil, but they are letting him go for complaining to the media Super Bowl week that he was unhappy with his role on the 9ers.

Minnesota (twice), Oakland, and New England all ended badly for Moss. You can't blame that on the media. It is Moss' fault that he usually ends his stay with a team in controversy, not the media.

I'd take Moss in for a look for a cheap contract over the rest of the low profile JAGs available in FA like Stallworth.

Pass. Moss is leaving San Fran because he wasn't happy how they were using him. Will he be happy here playing 10 plays a game?

tumblr_lxkk4xACbR1qhmfkuo1_400.gif

Whether the Patriots would ever consider Moss will depend on how bare
the cupboard is at the end of week one. If Lloyd and Welker are gone
plus all the quality free agent, the Patriots might sign Moss out of desperation.

Just like he just did in San Fran, Moss always ends badly with every organization he has been with. In the grande scheme of things, his divorce with San Fran is relatively civil, but they are letting him go for complaining to the media Super Bowl week that he was unhappy with his role on the 9ers.

Minnesota, Oakland, New England, and Green Bay all ended badly for Moss. You can't blame that on the media. It is Moss' fault that he usually ends his stay with a team in controversy, not the media.

Link?

By all accounts Randy Moss was a great teammate in San Francisco, mentored the younger receivers especially Crabtree, and was an strong mentor and locker room leader on that team. You sound like you have some odd beef with Moss what is unwarranted.

Link?

By all accounts Randy Moss was a great teammate in San Francisco, mentored the younger receivers especially Crabtree, and was an strong mentor and locker room leader on that team. You sound like you have some odd beef with Moss what is unwarranted.

I admit I don't like the guy, but I am not making up anything.

Per a league source, the Niners were making it clear at the Scouting Combine that they intend to steer clear of Moss in 2013.

While the team praised Moss during his extended periods of media silence throughout the 2012 season, his decision to remove the restrictor plate from his vocal cords in the days before the Super Bowl provided insight into the attitude with which the team was dealing.

He didn’t like his role. Though he didn’t say so publicly until late January, it’s safe to assume he was getting his point across privately, based on his history.

Niners making it clear Moss won’t be back | ProFootballTalk

Granted PFT gets a lot wrong, but based on this report it doesn't seem that the 49ers thought Moss was all that great either. That is Moss' MO though, a great team player until he gets frustrated with his role. Might have been the same in San Fran.

What I dont get is the Moss defenders who refuse to acknowledge Moss went nuclear here and shot his way out of town and want to believe he is the ultimate teammate. Again, he is a great teammate when he is happy. He is a cancer when he isn't. Just ask anyone in Minnesota (either time he was there) or Oakland who had the misfortune of being around him when he soured on those teams.

Yup, just like they forced him out of Minnesota, Tennessee and San Fran. :rolleyes:

Yup, Bill Belichick takes his orders from the media ( :rofl: ) and made a very very rare mid-season trade to rid the Patriots of Moss' attitude .........errrr services.

Randy Moss will go to the Hall of Fame but he's not a winner.

Never has been. Never will be.

Yup, just like they forced him out of Minnesota, Tennessee and San Fran. :rolleyes:

Yup, Bill Belichick takes his orders from the media ( :rofl: ) and made a very very rare mid-season trade to rid the Patriots of Moss' attitude .........errrr services.

Randy Moss will go to the Hall of Fame but he's not a winner.

Never has been. Never will be.

No no you all don't understand. Douches like Felger made it very uncomfortable so much so that BB took the unusual step of praising him to the press (calling him one of the smartest players he had ever coached). I feel that a lot of dubious things he said were a result of that and this fueled further estrangement from the press and some of the weak-minded fans that could not judge him on their own but depended on the Felgers of the world to shape their opinion.

Moss is a bit of a football geek and introvert....more comfortable reviewing tape and than talking to the media. This did not endear him to the media either.

As far as his huge ego...I have no problem with that. Almost all the good WRs are like this or worse except that Moss could back it up. BB has drafted a bunch of boy-scout / humbler WRs and we all know how that worked (Branch being the exception).

I would love to get Moss back as long as he understood he would have a limited number of catches. Having him on the field immediately forces the defense to hang a safety back instead of bringing him up to choke up the middle for all the Patriots mid-range receivers.

I would love to get Moss back as long as he understood he would have a limited number of catches. Having him on the field immediately forces the defense to hang a safety back instead of bringing him up to choke up the middle for all the Patriots mid-range receivers.
So you want him back as long as he's okay with the same role that he wasn't okay with last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes